Can Bodily Trauma Or Other Medical Issues Cause Hair Loss? Would finasteride Help?

catch21

Reaction score
I am going to attempt to see a dermatologist today and am considering beginning propecia (or the generic version). However i figured i'd inquire on the wisdom here once more. My hair loss became noticable soon after I came down with a condition that is still not yet fully diagnosed, a chronic acid reflux. Since then I've had a lot of hair loss and now in recent times joint pain. None of my doctors have connected these things at all, so I guess my concern is that if I start something like finasteride when the underlying issue could be something else. Is there test and blood work I should be getting to rule out anything else that could be causing it?

My body is constantly attacked by acid reflux (or reflux of anything, really) but unfortunately I can not get that under control regardless of what they have me try, so I figured I'd ask for help again as I just don't want to start something that might not be needed, but also don't want my hair to keep falling out. It's really astonishing how much my hairline has receded in just a year and how thin the top of my head looks now :/

One thing I will say, some years ago before I noticed this happening, I did have some irritation in my scalp with occasional sores popping up but didn't think much of it. When I began using Regenepure DR it seemed to control that issue, but doesn't help much otherwise.

Last edited: