Can Anyone Help With Finasteride Dosage?

Jim-101

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,

After much debate, I have finally taken the plunge and ordered a months supply of finasteride (as I want to monitor and side effects before committing to a longer period). However the tablets in the UK appear to come as biconvex film coated tablets in 1mg dosages - So I assume they cannot be cut/split.

From looking at others on here - I have noticed a lot of people seem to take a daily dose of 0.25 or 0.5mg - so my question is, is it safe to jump straight into a daily dose of 1mg? or do I need to build upto it? perhaps even 1mg every other day for a period of time?

Thanks

Arko

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started finasteride approximately 7 months ago and I straight away jumped to 1mg. So I don't see any reason why you cant start off with 1mg right away. Good luck!!

Jim-101

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started finasteride approximately 7 months ago and I straight away jumped to 1mg. So I don't see any reason why you cant start off with 1mg right away. Good luck!!

Thanks for the reply!

How are you finding it so far? Any sides?
And more importantly, is it working for you? Have you noticed any regrowth yet?

Arko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

How are you finding it so far? Any sides?
And more importantly, is it working for you? Have you noticed any regrowth yet?
Sides: Minor ache in my left testicle when I started stayed for like a week but that's about it.
Results: Hard to tell tbh. I had like two major sheds during my tenure with finasteride (did ut my faith to test lol) I would say I haven't lost any ground. I was an nw1 when I started it and still am an nw1 after like 7 months. Plus I also started minoxidil like 4 months ago (10% once a day)