Can Alcohol Cause Increased Amounts Of Hair Loss

Jamie s

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I’m 18 and other than some slight maturation I’ve experienced no hairloss (my hairline is the same as some pics I posted a couple years ago)

Since I was a kid I’ve always shed quite a lot of hair and it’s something I’m used to however if I drink alcohol I notice the next day that I shed a crazy amount of hair probably triple or quadruple what I’m used to. Does anyone else experience this?

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my experience, I would have to say yes. Back when I'm only on minoxidil, everytime I get drunk the night before, when I wake up, my hair looks oily and there's a lot of hairs on my pillow. It looks nasty. I think alcohol makes the hair weak. But at nights I don't drink, there's no noticeable hair fall compared to it. But then again that was on my experience and I'm having hair loss already anyways.

Hairs45

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
drinking alcohol ages you like crazy so it will make you look older with hair loss. Avoid it

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
All homeless have thick dirty manes and would drink piss out of a bucket if it would get them drunk! Beer increases estrogens.

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
drinking alcohol ages you like crazy so it will make you look older with hair loss. Avoid it

I think not looking after your skin ages you. I’ve always drank a fair amount but have good skin and I’m told I look young.

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What’s your secret

I’d say drink a lot of water, wash and moisturise morning and night.

I think it also comes down to how your face moves when you smile/laugh too, some people naturally wrinkle their forehead.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

I think it also comes down to how your face moves when you smile/laugh too, some people naturally wrinkle their forehead.
This. I had deep *** forehead wrinkles back in 2014 but after stopping raising my eyebrows it has healed. Now I have a smooth forehead while my peers have wrinkled ones

Sseoud86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it's all genetics. Some people should realize this and stop looking for excuses to why they losing hair.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are no excuses for losing hair. It's not like we are trying to justify it!!

Sseoud86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
True, I just think it's all genetics 99% of the time.....some people smoke and drink and eat terrible but have perfect hair. Alot of people that don't eat even do anything bad, get great sleep, exercise regularly and still bald. It's just in your dna.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt it really has a significant impact tbh. But people should avoid drinking alcohol in excess anyway, i stopped drinking last year.

ozm8ey

Established Member
Reaction score
As someone who has alcohol problems, I would say yes. Feels like it accelerates balding but probably doesn't cause it.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score

Or to make it seem smaller because they’ve a receding hairline