Can a shed

ASUknowit18

Reaction score
Been taking finasteride for 7 months now.

Can a shed be classified as a "shed" if you aren't losing 100s of hair at a pop, as some people describe? Some people say they towel dry their hair, and about a hundred hairs fall out. That isn't happeneing to me.

However, after I shampoo with Nizoral (or T-Gel) I usually apply a conditioner afterward. It isn't when I am actually shampooing that I notice hairs on hands, it's when I am conditioning. I will vigorously rub the conditioner into my hair, and about 15 hairs will be in my hands after that. I am noticing hair also on the ground of the shower, but I share the bathroom with another guy, and I realize we lose about 100 hairs a day as it is. I also have some minor dandruff (even when using Nizoral) and I don't know if THAT is as sign that finasteride is working... :-x

I just want to know if finasteride is working. I have nothing to guage it on. It looks like my widow's peak is a little big "longer" but nothing else. There probably is no way to tell, and I am not going to get off of it anyway, b/c it's a safety net, especially mentally.

Point being, it's hard to tell if finasteride is working if you are using it for maintence.

Also, my scalp actually kind of "hurts" when wearing a cap for an extended period of time. Anyone know the reason for this? Any help/input appriciated

G

I would brand it a shed if you lose more then 100 hairs a day even after washing your hair every two - three days.

Normally you lose 100 hairs a day you see the big part of those hairs in the shower when you wash your hair. If you wash your hair in the morning, comb it while wet and then continue to lose hair then you are shedding.

G

Is your cap to tight? In general wearing a cap that is to tight will make your head hurt.