Can a Dermatologist tell me if I will lose my hair?

Zyzzz

Reaction score
Im 15 and Im worried if I will lose my hair in the future.
My dad and his dad both have a full head of hair. So no hair loss there.
But on my Mom's side her brother and her dad both are bald.

I told my mom i was concerned and she said that my hair is exactly like my dad's. Its very thick. My moms hair is thin and same with her dad and her brother. So she said I will be fine.

So can a Dermatologist tell me if I will go bald in the future? I heard they can tell you if you will start losing hair in the next 10 years if they do a biopsy or something, and that would be fine because the men on my moms side started losing their hair around 25.

unplugged88

Reaction score
Im 15 and Im worried if I will lose my hair in the future.
So can a Dermatologist tell me if I will go bald in the future? I heard they can tell you if you will start losing hair in the next 10 years if they do a biopsy or something, and that would be fine because the men on my moms side started losing their hair around 25.

You have nothing to worry about at this point in time, and probably won't (if at all) for many, many years.

Relax and enjoy your youth. You should be playing with Legos, chasing down grasshoppers, and gawking at that cute kid who sits across from you in Science class.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
you're mom is completely wrong just because your hair looks like your dads doesn't mean you also inherited his immunity to male pattern baldness. I think there is something out there to get androgen receptor counts as a way to detect male pattern baldness before any actual miniaturization occurs, but imo it is just a waste of time. If you know it runs in your family, and aware of it and it's early signs, it's easy to just keep a close eye on your hairline as the years go by and if it happens you can jump on finasteride early

also don't ever start steroids if you care about your hair