Calling all crown thinners out there...

SE-freak

Reaction score
I would like to hear what people's experiences have been regarding their regimen and crown thickening.

Share your initial crown status, your regimen and months on it and results.

thanks.

noorur

Established Member
Reaction score
naw

its because most people don't post their success and etc

they just lurk

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey SE

I think I’ve already shared my experiences with you, but for the sake of everyone else:

Thinning crown detected by long term girlfriend in December 2002 while swimming in the beautiful Pacific Reefs… great way to ruin a holiday.

Freaked out generally until about March 2003 whereupon I commenced using Proscar 1.25mg/day and Minoxidil 1.5ml once/day. Took baseline pictures at this stage but can’t recall where I left them…

Maintained this regimen to date, adding in Cu peptides and Nizoral from the start of this year.

So that’s over 2 years 8 months on this regimen with maintenance at worst and possible thickening and maintenance. Thinning on crown is still apparent after a shower or if hair is combed certain ways, undetectable when styled, however.

You’ll find my crown pics on other of my posts.

Def

kevin5er

Reaction score
i noticed my thinning about 2 years ago and totally freaked. severe tension headaches for months. i went to the dermatologist and he prescribed finasteride. i've been taking it ever since and havent had any results, but i keep taking it to make myself feel like im doing something about it. i've tried minoxidil, and folligen but i found out that im allergic to ppg. so i stopped, and i recently started back up a couple of weeks on the minoxidil w/o ppg.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
The crown is my weak point. If it was thicker there i could get away without showing any scalp although i would like it thicker overall on top so i could spike my hair.

Anyway i'm about 5.5 months into 1/4 proscar. Not sure if there's been any improvement or not since i was lazy and didn't take pictures (i will for months 6 on)... right now a lot of hair is falling out, shed time i think. My scalp has also been tingling a lot lately, a lot on the crown too, so i hope that's a good sign.

Sol_5

Reaction score
my crown was really bad 12 months ago, spiralling effect hit in, then crown strated to open open more leaving the scalp more & more visible each month

started minoxidil & saw palmetto pills, just added spironolactone 2 weeks ago

has filled in & is still visible but only under spotlight

minoxidil is the key

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
Started in around winter of '03, yet diffused thinning (which is most noticeable on the crown) hasn't stopped.

It wasn't that noticeable before, but my nizoral 1%, minoxidil 5%, and 1mg finasteride haven't slowed down my loss.

smudge

Established Member
Reaction score
crown thinner here.

14 months on big 3, just maintenance.

i'm taking 1.25mg finasteride now. i'm going to reduce it since i'm getting gyno. no other side effects though

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Crown was my biggest worry as when wet or styled looked reallly obvious.

I started minoxidil about 5 months ago, and although it still doesn't look great, there is a small improvement. It seems that minoxidil is holding them in there as before treatment I could touch the area and they would fall out without much effort, now they need a bit of a pulling :)

YoungAndThin

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess I am also a Friar Tuck lol.

My hairline is near perfect and it's only my crown that has been thinning and giving me trouble. But propecia seems to have started to stop my loss at the crown. I've been on it for about 2.5 months.

YoungAndThin

Established Member
Reaction score
one more thing, I don't know if anyone here is a fan of the NBA but the coach of the Toronto Raptors, Sam Mitchell has a pretty noticealbe bald spot on the back but a perfect hairline.

here's an image of his hairline, I couldn't find any pics of the back of his head however, but believe me I've been to a couple games and his crown is quite sparse.

sam%20mitchell.jpg

SE-freak

Reaction score
YoungAndThin said:
I guess I am also a Friar Tuck lol.

My hairline is near perfect and it's only my crown that has been thinning and giving me trouble. But propecia seems to have started to stop my loss at the crown. I've been on it for about 2.5 months.

If anything changes keep us up to date. Yep my hairline is almost ok.

My crown is disaster.

YoungAndThin

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey se-freak I'm just curious, where did your thinning at the crown start?

Was it at the swirl?