call me a pansy tree-hugging dude...(long)

scud666

Established Member
Reaction score
but i think its a generally good idea to use an ALL-NATURAL shampoo. I know many of u will say Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS) does not cause hairloss. but i think it truely does for at least some of us. let me tell u my little story.

I initially thought i was losing it when i had a little "widow's peak" on my forehead. this maybe natural cause alot of ppl have it and its so minor anyone who doesn't spend 2 hours grooming himself would not care. but i thought it was a first sign of male pattern baldness. maybe it is, but my dad and his brothers have a NW1 at most at age 50+, so who gives?

anyway i got stupid and got some Nioxin shampoo. I saw on the bottle that it "helps block DHT when applied to the scalp." I paid special attention to the frontal area in shampooing. and the genuis i was, i decided to NOT wash it off cleanly, in hoping that if i did leave a little residue, it would CONTINUIOUSLY give me that DHT blocking action (back then i didn't know what DHT was). within 2 days after doing this, my hair felt limp and i thought "cool" i can finally have that soft hair, all the shampoo commericals were describing. but it got worst, and it was ALARMINGLY fast. i kept on doing the stupid shampoo residue ritual for a week.

its been 9 months since and guess what? i remained with the same hairline, but my hair density has dropped and my hair has thinned. the area most affected is the one inch boundary of my hairline where i left the most Nioxin shampoo on. i can see my scalp easily on that area whereas the others are bad, but not as. yes, many would say that my hair in front will thin out causing a receding hairline. BUt, just tonight i took out a bunch of hairs from 6 months ago and compared it with tonights. the ones tonight were thicker!

so what did i do different? i shampooed less frequent. like once every 2-3 days. I used apple cider vinegar to treat my dandruff (very effective may i add). also i got an aveda shampoo which is all natural and doesn't contain the dreaded SLS garage floor cleaning detergent.

i just think there's smthg wrong with putting smthg harsh on ur hair. why not be less harsh to the body and let it do its thing. i shampooed less and ironically, my hair got less oily and dependent on shampoo.

i know many of u will say "its not FDA approved" or whatever. i have my personal beef with FDA. i had some bouts with acne and i have put alot of crap on my face. the end of the day i found out the less i wash my face, the healthier it is. i know just take two showers a day and use no soap on my face. and don't say crap like there's no proven link between SLS and hairloss. Scientific experiements can be decieving in the way they do it. i once heard it takes a 90% correlation before they offically determine that "X" causes "Y." if 8 out of 10 ppl are losing their hair from SLS, would u use it? just my thought.

sorry for the long post, but i find it annoying how some of u can use so much products on ur hair. i think the chemicals far outweigh the good chemicals.

G

and don't say crap like there's no proven link between SLS and hairloss

Theres no direct link between SLS and hairloss.

If there was everybody would be bald, men, women, dogs, vermin. Nizoral has SLS in it. Go for it though, if you prefer all-natural shampoos.

G

hey pansy tree-hugging dude,

I have not used soap for around 20 years (sh*t Im old!! :freaked2: )

and people often say I have got good skin, never had a dry area, never any spots, blemishs, oily patchs and so on, don't get me wrong I am no adonis, infact I look like a British postal worker, but I put my good luck down to not having spent the last 20 years twice daily abrasing my face with mild detergents, perfumes and binders.

c'mon kids give the man the finger and get with the 'no wash ma face' thang

Ty

G

I never use soap on my face either. My skin is still sh*t though. :cry:

garthbrooks

Established Member
Reaction score
yesterday i didn't shower, and i barely noticed any hairs fall out during the day. today i did shower expecting to see a lot more hairs in the shower but i saw actually less than what i normally see. anyone else notice this type of result?

scud666

Established Member
Reaction score
u guys can say whatever it is. i came out here and gave u guys a suggestion. i'm just excited i won't be visiting this site for a good 40+ years, or hopefully never again. i have to honestly say my hair is the healthiest since the incidence. yes, i do realize there is no official recognition that SLS causes hairloss, thats why i bloody gave u the fact that it takes like a 90% correlation before scientists announce that "X" causes "Y"

dude, this is so hard to persuade u guys. not being racist, but americans seem to really believe in science too much. yes, science is great and i like the idea that we all need proof. but the FDA is a bastard IMHO. they have so many secrets they hide u don't know. imagine it, the medical industry is HUGE. need proof, check out the increasing medical insurance in the states. i am daring to say they would be willing to hide the cure to some diseases simply because the treatments for those diseases are such large industires. yea, i am a skeptic.

sigh... so frustrated. if only ppl would listen to my more radical ideas and theories. AND what the hell does it hurt u to go to an aveda or H2O+ store to get smthg thats good for u? i bet its 10X better than the Pantene u use. only catch though is it takes balls to go to those stores to get stuff when u're a guy.

for those who want to give it a shot. here's two places to get u started:

http://www.aveda.com

http://www.h20plus.com

maybe i don't have male pattern baldness to begin with (in your face to those who kept on insisting that i did 8 months ago), but i just think its a good idea to not pput junk in ur hair.

oh yeah, that Nizroal shampoo did jack to my dandruff. since using apple cider vinegar and NOT using SLS shampoos, i have 90% less dandruff. worth a try, no?

G

scud666 said:
u guys can say whatever it is. i came out here and gave u guys a suggestion. i'm just excited i won't be visiting this site for a good 40+ years, or hopefully never again. i have to honestly say my hair is the healthiest since the incidence. yes, i do realize there is no official recognition that SLS causes hairloss, thats why i bloody gave u the fact that it takes like a 90% correlation before scientists announce that "X" causes "Y"

dude, this is so hard to persuade u guys. not being racist, but americans seem to really believe in science too much. yes, science is great and i like the idea that we all need proof. but the FDA is a bastard IMHO. they have so many secrets they hide u don't know. imagine it, the medical industry is HUGE. need proof, check out the increasing medical insurance in the states. i am daring to say they would be willing to hide the cure to some diseases simply because the treatments for those diseases are such large industires. yea, i am a skeptic.

sigh... so frustrated. if only ppl would listen to my more radical ideas and theories. AND what the hell does it hurt u to go to an aveda or H2O+ store to get smthg thats good for u? i bet its 10X better than the Pantene u use. only catch though is it takes balls to go to those stores to get stuff when u're a guy.

for those who want to give it a shot. here's two places to get u started:

http://www.aveda.com

http://www.h20plus.com

maybe i don't have male pattern baldness to begin with (in your face to those who kept on insisting that i did 8 months ago), but i just think its a good idea to not pput junk in ur hair.

oh yeah, that Nizroal shampoo did jack to my dandruff. since using apple cider vinegar and NOT using SLS shampoos, i have 90% less dandruff. worth a try, no?

Sorry you are so upset. But, Americans would not be considered "racist" for relying on science too much (in your opinion). That would be considered a sign of intelligence in some circles, and in some, not so!

Having said that, good luck with your hair.

Thanks

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
i have no idea what the f*** he was on about but obviously upset about something maybe we should tickle his balls for him?

G

Sorry you are so upset. But, Americans would not be considered "racist" for relying on science too much (in your opinion). That would be considered a sign of intelligence in some circles, and in some, not so!

Science is bad, science is bad! Ive been saying it for years!

I have no idea what the f*** he was on about but obviously upset about something maybe we should tickle his balls for him?

Jeez, this ball tickling fetish again Troy. :cry:

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
is that wrong? should i not be doing that?