CaliforniaOceans911....My Story...

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score
I am not psychic, but it's not. My girl friend had/has the same thing going on, but at the moment refuses to take meds. If they ask to do a biopsy with a needle say hell no.

Why?!?! (Referring to the fine needle aspiration biopsy, why not get that?) Also hyperthyroid is 10 times more common in women than men.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, how is she not miserable? I would do anything for these symptoms to go away my life has been hell for the last week.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Why?!?! (Referring to the fine needle aspiration biopsy, why not get that?) Also hyperthyroid is 10 times more common in women than men.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, how is she not miserable? I would do anything for these symptoms to go away my life has been hell for the last week.

She said the needle biopsy hurt like hell, even though she has a pretty high tolerance for pain. They had to poke her in the neck numerous times. The nodules were so small they had to scrap just to get enough of a sample to test, but still didn't get enough so the test came out inconclusive. Let us know how things turn out. Yeah, I have no idea how she deals with the discomfort. She says she doesn't want to be on meds the rest of her life.

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score
She said the needle biopsy hurt like hell, even though she has a pretty high tolerance for pain. They had to poke her in the neck numerous times. The nodules were so small they had to scrap just to get enough of a sample to test, but still didn't get enough so the test came out inconclusive. Let us know how things turn out. Yeah, I have no idea how she deals with the discomfort. She says she doesn't want to be on meds the rest of her life.

Ah, your gf's symptoms must be much more mild than mine. FYI, it's not a tumor. Just got back from the endocrinologist. I have thyroiditis and the doctor said it will fix itself within the next year. He said I'll have a few months of hyperthyroidism, for which he prescribed beta blockers for the symptoms. Then I will probably be hypothyroid for a few months, for which I will be taking T4 pills likely. After that I should return to normal.

Now I'm lost as to whether I should continue finasteride for the time being. Even though it shouldn't make a difference with the thyroiditis I'm scared to get on finasteride again now, I want to wait until this clears up. However, I'm also afraid of how much hair I may lose in the next 6-9 months.

I also don't understand T3 and T4 levels and how that relates to DHT. I figured an overactive thyroid would mean higher metabolism and higher T/DHT. Doctor said that my libido hit is likely due to LOW testosterone right now. Anyone have info on the thyroid and how it relates to T/DHT levels?

Its not CURED. If I was NW1 again, then I would be cured.

Nobody knows what your hair looks like, probably because you're an alien with a blue head and zero hair. Once again I say something and you completely miss the point. Who gives a f*ck whether I used the word "cured". My point was that you said nofap is working. So why the f*ck are you still here you retard? Go live your life, you found the solution to your "hair loss" problem. So get the f*ck out of here already.

i lafd for a while after reading that response. . lol

:) yea well that guy was not making any sense whatsoever :uglylol:

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Ah, your gf's symptoms must be much more mild than mine. FYI, it's not a tumor. Just got back from the endocrinologist. I have thyroiditis and the doctor said it will fix itself within the next year. He said I'll have a few months of hyperthyroidism, for which he prescribed beta blockers for the symptoms. Then I will probably be hypothyroid for a few months, for which I will be taking T4 pills likely. After that I should return to normal.

Now I'm lost as to whether I should continue finasteride for the time being. Even though it shouldn't make a difference with the thyroiditis I'm scared to get on finasteride again now, I want to wait until this clears up. However, I'm also afraid of how much hair I may lose in the next 6-9 months.

I also don't understand T3 and T4 levels and how that relates to DHT. I figured an overactive thyroid would mean higher metabolism and higher T/DHT. Doctor said that my libido hit is likely due to LOW testosterone right now. Anyone have info on the thyroid and how it relates to T/DHT levels?

Good to hear your diagnosis wasn't bad. As far as your decision whether to continue taking finasteride, that's a tough one. Personally I am afraid to stop taking it because I don't want lose all my gains. My hair isn't in the greatest shape now, but it is much better than it was. With that being said I am definitely not pro finasteride or any other drug. I take it because I really have no choice if I want to keep the hair I have. I know this doesn't really help your decision making at all, but it really is just a sh**y situation any way you look at it. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score
Good to hear your diagnosis wasn't bad. As far as your decision whether to continue taking finasteride, that's a tough one. Personally I am afraid to stop taking it because I don't want lose all my gains. My hair isn't in the greatest shape now, but it is much better than it was. With that being said I am definitely not pro finasteride or any other drug. I take it because I really have no choice if I want to keep the hair I have. I know this doesn't really help your decision making at all, but it really is just a sh**y situation any way you look at it. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

I read all over the web that hypo- and hyperthyroid can increase the conversion of T to DHT, but nowhere does it say how...frustrating.

maher

Banned
Reaction score

Thats good news, man. All you need now is v**** for your limp dick. No, I did not found the solution. When I regrow my hair back, then I'm done.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody knows what your hair looks like, probably because you're an alien with a blue head and zero hair. Once again I say something and you completely miss the point. Who gives a f*ck whether I used the word "cured". My point was that you said nofap is working. So why the f*ck are you still here you retard? Go live your life, you found the solution to your "hair loss" problem. So get the f*ck out of here already.

Really?? thats just rude. primitive little man.

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats good news, man. All you need now is v**** for your limp dick. No, I did not found the solution. When I regrow my hair back, then I'm done.

Limp dick? Da fuq are you talking about? You must be going insane from nofapping on hard mode bro. Of course you didn't find the solution...because nofap doesn't work moron.

Really?? thats just rude. primitive little man.

Yes, people are now rude to you because of all the bullsh*t you have posted. Deal with it, nobody likes you except for your little hairy mr. monkey. Why don't you two go nofap each other.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Deal with it, nobody likes you except for your little hairy mr. monkey. Why don't you two go nofap each other.

Maher practices nofap, so he isn't paying much attention to his little hairy monkey. I am sure his tiny monkey can't stand him either.

- - - Updated - - -

What is maher even doing here? He should stick to posting nonsense on the nofap and abstinence threads.

Reaction score
Yes, people are now rude to you because of all the bullsh*t you have posted. Deal with it, nobody likes you except for your little hairy mr. monkey. Why don't you two go nofap each other.

you want this thread to turn into some sort of vendetta ring ??? that's what you really want ????

unless you want it, I suggest that you leave me out of this, I didn't ask for anything.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
LOL, actually- I'm calmer than I've ever been before, bro. You seem agitated NON-STOP. You took your beta blockers??? BTW, NoFap works great for me but the regrow process is just too slow...

Limp dick? Da fuq are you talking about? You must be going insane from nofapping on hard mode bro. Of course you didn't find the solution...because nofap doesn't work moron.

:D Right, like I'm here for popularity contests.

Maher practices nofap, so he isn't paying much attention to his little hairy monkey. I am sure his tiny monkey can't stand him either.

What is maher even doing here? He should stick to posting nonsense on the nofap and abstinence threads.

How old are you.. 14?? Thats not even funny- its pathetic.:doh:

As you probably know, ALL of our threads got locked because of this dick. It's a shame- Bagel had some great theories on prolactine&dopamine- check them out: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...ajor-weapon-in-defeating-hair-loss!!!!/page66

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score
The abstinence threads got locked because NoFAP is bullsh*t and this website does not want to be associated with making people think NoFAP will stop hair loss.

NoFAP works for you because you don't have any hair loss. You don't regrow any hair because NoFAP is crap.

Remember, it's all about NoCRAP now. lol