Calculating Your Hairloss

Glassjaw

Reaction score
notice many people say they were losing "x" amount of hairs a day. How exactly did you come up with those figures? Also, it seems like the only place I notice my hairloss in the shower. I like to come my conditioner through my hair to give it an even spread. I get about 3-4 hairs in the comb every run, usually amounting to about 20-30 hairs. Is this bad? Normal? If I didn't comb it, I'd probably only count about 10-15 hairs. I do get hairs on my fingers when I don't use a comb, but not as many.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
The worst thing you can do is try to calculate your hair loss. Unless you enjoy driving yourself insane and simultaneously knowing that the number you have come up with is GROSSLY off target.

You lose 100 to 200 hairs a day without even realizing it. Counting the 4 or 5 you notice on your comb literally ... is irrelevant.

Judge progress by photographs. Take baseline pictures and compare them at the 6 and 12 month mark.

HairLossTalk.com

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
The worst thing you can do is try to calculate your hair loss. Unless you enjoy driving yourself insane and simultaneously knowing that the number you have come up with is GROSSLY off target.

You lose 100 to 200 hairs a day without even realizing it. Counting the 4 or 5 you notice on your comb literally ... is irrelevant.

Judge progress by photographs. Take baseline pictures and compare them at the 6 and 12 month mark.

HairLossTalk.com

i agree