Caffeine Works- Making Minoxidil More Effective

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting, if you drop caffeine into a minoxidil solution will it mix or what’s required to make it beneficial?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting, if you drop caffeine into a minoxidil solution will it mix or what’s required to make it beneficial?
I think it'll mix bro

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if it can help minoxidil maintain for a longer period of time

Last edited:

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Caffeine doesn't dissolve more than 1.5% in ethanol nor water. You can heat up the water up to 80 to ninety degrees or so to make it dissolve but when it chills down it'll clump up again

We need a better solvent

Last edited:

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Caffeine doesn't dissolve more than 1.5% in ethanol nor water. You can heat up the water up to 80 to ninety degrees or so to make it dissolve but when it chills down it'll clump up again

We need a better solvent

what’s your thoughts on the best way to introduce caffeine into my regime? Via minoxidil or by itself?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
what’s your thoughts on the best way to introduce caffeine into my regime? Via minoxidil or by itself?
We have to solve it fully to do so, then you could mix with minoxidil

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've no idea how effective their formula is at penetrating the dermis but you could use TO's 5% Caffeine + EGCG solution and apply it after min has dried.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've no idea how effective their formula is at penetrating the dermis but you could use TO's 5% Caffeine + EGCG solution and apply it after min has dried.
Water, Caffeine, Maltodextrin, Glycerin, Propanediol, Epigallocatechin Gallatyl Glucoside, Gallyl Glucoside, Hyaluronic Acid, Oxidized Glutathione, Melanin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Urea, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Xanthan gum, Lactic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Propyl Gallate, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Ethoxydiglycol, Benzyl Alcohol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol.

How tf did they dissolve this much caffeine in water lmao

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Water, Caffeine, Maltodextrin, Glycerin, Propanediol, Epigallocatechin Gallatyl Glucoside, Gallyl Glucoside, Hyaluronic Acid, Oxidized Glutathione, Melanin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Urea, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Xanthan gum, Lactic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Propyl Gallate, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Ethoxydiglycol, Benzyl Alcohol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol.

How tf did they dissolve this much caffeine in water lmao

Yeah doesn't really make sense especially if the ingredients are ordered in terms of their concentrations, but hey we ain't chemist so what do we know lol

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are 5% caffeine creams used for fat loss. Very cheap

Maybe that's worth a try

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All research into the effects of caffeine on hair was funded by an outfit selling a caffeine lotion, literally every single study. Go to the bottom of any paper you read on it and you'll see Kurt Wolff mentioned and his generous funding. Furthermore, in one study they found that caffeine in concentration of 0.002% is beneficial, while a concentration of 0.005% (or sth like that, I may have gotten the wrong percentages, but it's ballpark) actually has a negative effect, meanwhile they sell a 2% lotion.

I emailed them about this and months later got a response saying, yeah, 0.005% hurts, but at the follicle, we need a higher concentration since it's going through the scalp. How they know that they're getting 0.002% rather than a higher concentration that has a negative effect once their 2% lotion gets through the scalp I don't know.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All research into the effects of caffeine on hair was funded by an outfit selling a caffeine lotion, literally every single study. Go to the bottom of any paper you read on it and you'll see Kurt Wolff mentioned and his generous funding. Furthermore, in one study they found that caffeine in concentration of 0.002% is beneficial, while a concentration of 0.005% (or sth like that, I may have gotten the wrong percentages, but it's ballpark) actually has a negative effect, meanwhile they sell a 2% lotion.

I emailed them about this and months later got a response saying, yeah, 0.005% hurts, but at the follicle, we need a higher concentration since it's going through the scalp. How they know that they're getting 0.002% rather than a higher concentration that has a negative effect once their 2% lotion gets through the scalp I don't know.
Your right, a lot of studies on caffein are founded by alpecin products makers, but not the one posted on this thread

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your right, a lot of studies on caffein are founded by alpecin products makers, but not the one posted on this thread

Could be, but it's possible there's an acknowledgment of funding from Wolff at the end of the article in Farsi or whatever the language is. A study of their lotion was done, IIRC, by Indian researchers who were somehow affiliated or funded with Wolff. Could be the same with these guys.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if it can help minoxidil maintain for a longer period of time
Hey sonic,

What's your experience with caffeine ? Is it really effective? How do you use it?

I am testing a 5% caffeine gel for my patchy beard, if i notice some growth stimulation, i will add it to my hair protocol

Do you think it will work without minoxidil ?

I will probably use it in conjunction of etoricoxib(selective Cox-2 inibitor) and cetirizine.

Thanks

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey sonic,

What's your experience with caffeine ? Is it really effective? How do you use it?

I am testing a 5% caffeine gel for my patchy beard, if i notice some growth stimulation, i will add it to my hair protocol

Do you think it will work without minoxidil ?

I will probably use it in conjunction of etoricoxib(selective Cox-2 inibitor) and cetirizine.

Thanks
I only noticed some thickening on existing hair. Cetirizine and caffeine sounds good

jazz1

Reaction score
I use Alpecin liquid.