Burning with Tricomin?

mre

Reaction score
I've read a lot of posts where Folligen causes some scalp burning/discomfort, which subsides after a few weeks of use. Has anybody experienced this with Tricomin? I have both and I don't feel anything with the Folligen but when I apply Tricomin it burns for about 30 minutes and then it subsides.

G

i've read that the irritation associated with tricomin is the high alcohol content they use to make the solution blue. Apparently the old tricomin was much better when the solution was not dyed blue as somtimes it has a counter effect on the hair growth.

misterium

Reaction score
any further comments on this?

i just ordered my first bottle of tricomin at drugstore.com .. i hope it was a good purchase.

i'm a diffuse thinner on crown/vertex.. strong hairline and still maintaining well i think with my 10 months into propecia... i'm not adding minoxidil for awhile longer to see how this finasteride takes care of the thinning.

i figured using tricomin would be a good addition to my anti-inflamation/itch regimine, which is going so far so good.. with small occassional itch sensations towards the back.

Cassin

Reaction score
Anybody could find a alergy to anything you put in or on your body. Menthol is very cooling but to those alergic to it, it could burn. This is the first I have seen someone post this.

I love the stuff.

misterium

Reaction score
I use menthol/camphor cream cleanser on my face and it feels soooothing as can be.

I tried Folligen for awhile but found it was a bit irritating at times... Then again it has PPG as far as I know, and I believe I am allergic to it as about 10 months ago I tried a bottle of minoxidil and it burned also... thus I stopped using it.

I hope the Tricomin sooths.

Cassin

Reaction score
misterium

You should be ok, there were time Folligen burned so bad that for 10 minutes I was clenching my teeth. I need to point out that my scalp was in awful shape due to a severe PPG alergy. But that passed, it has more to do with the high concentration of various Copper-Peptides than ot does with PPG. Folligen does not have a lot of PPG in it's make up. You can tell this by it's fast drying time.

If you go for Minoxidil again, look to Dr Lees.

Make sure you give us your thoughts on Tricomin.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Yes Mister, Cassin is right IMHO. Folligen burned me bad when I first started using it. Everyone, (and Dr. Pickart's site) said that was due to the bad condition of my scalp. It subsided with time but I diluted folligen with 50 percent distilled water for the first month. It BURNED bad at first at 100 percent folligen. I had to wash it off. I wasn't as tough as Cassin.

It took time but the scalp got better. By the time I bought my first bottle of Tricomin, my scalp could handle copper peptides. So I don't know if it would have burned also. But it might have because my scalp was in BAD shape at first.

Reaction score
so does this burning sensation associated with Folligen cause hair to fall out...if i'm handling Tricomin will I be able to handle Follligen? Thanks!

misterium

Reaction score
I can't wait to give it a try when it arrives.

My itching is calmed down a lot recently, 10 months into finasteride. I believe I am maintaining well in my diffuse crown/vertex region... my hairline seems fine still. Think I am thickening up as well.

I attribute the itch relief to T/Sal over the past few days, along with my Mon & Fri Nizoral use, and Pantene conditioner after every shampoo. I've also going heavy on the evening emu oil application with a dropper.

I think the Tricomin is going to make my scalp health a whoooole lot better, and let this finasteride do some work! :)