Brutal Tinder Experiment Article From The Independent

ABloke112

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think he would have probably got more matches with the last image if he had been fully bald tbh. Plus tinder is more about "having a shag" than proper relationships, which means looks are more important.

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I think that women who stay on those apps for more than a little while are likely to be "a little off" mentally. Not all of them, there are some exceptions, but the majority for sure. You should be glad that the women you've met weren't a part of that culture.

I know it sounds harsh, but that's just my personal experience after spending a lot of time on the apps. I'm not an incel or a misogynist, women are precious and I love them. I'm a very social and charismatic guy too. But those dating app girls are just crazy.

I'm sure that a lot of women feel the same way about men on dating apps, just talking about my personal experience.

I 100% agree. You don't need to be a misogynist or incel to conclude that some of these girls are unhinged. The stories I have would amaze you.

I just screen shot and go about my marry way. Can't help crazy.

Paulito9x9

My Regimen
Reaction score
As mentioned by other members, the tinder algorithm is a fickle beast. I doubt they reset the profile properly each time. It's not like we're talking about a proper scientific double-blind study here. Anyway, I don't even think that model guy looks particularly attractive. There's a large group of models both male and female who just look "interesting" or "out of the ordinary". And this guy is one of them. Also, it's barely a surprise his thinning pics got the least matches. They look horrible. He'd surely get more (still less than with hair) with a clean shaven head.

Btw in order to lift your spirits, the less hair I had the more women I got. And I'm talking about quite a few women. I attribute this to the development of personality and experience in seduction. As a man, there's luckily other very important criteria when it comes to dating. Your charisma, social status, physique and eloquence matter just as much. If you boost those, you can make up for your hair loss and still have good chances. That being said, I still went ahead and got a hair transplant :)

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
I 100% agree. You don't need to be a misogynist or incel to conclude that some of these girls are unhinged. The stories I have would amaze you.

I just screen shot and go about my marry way. Can't help crazy.
Real.

Coming from a guy who gets a lot of matches.. the guys here who don't, have nothing to worry about. They mean nothing.

First of all, some girls never reply to the first text. That just means you look good enough for them to swipe on you (your pics aren't ugly) but not good enough to really want to get to know you, when they have THOUSANDS (yes, thousands) of other men to choose from.

Then there are girls who actually do answer and talk to you for a couple days, and just when you feel like you're starting to form a good connection and there's a great vibe going on, poof they disappear. A few days later they usually come back and say "wow I'm really sorry, I've been so busy" and their favorite sentence: "I'm barely on this app". Bullshit bc their status is online 90% of the day, which some guys already pointed out before you, so they will tell you in advance that there's a bug with the app and they don't know why it's like that. Hilarious.

By that point it's over, which is hard to accept bc your brain will do every single mental gymnastic to give her the benefit of doubt.

But from my experience.. even if she talks to you a few more times after that, or even meets you in real life (only means that your texts were smooth enough, congrats by the way, you are a MASTER - nothing less! It's that hard!), it's just over. Those girls usually go back on the app right after the date on their way home.

And then when you finally find a girl who is actually super into you, you often find out she has some sort of mental illness (like bipolar/borderline/schizo/etc). That's how dating apps are for men.

Last edited:

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeap so true about the unhinged women. One match I had smashed up her ex's car , one was frauding government housing & one was just clingy & extremely needy. A lot single mothers on there too as they can't get out & meet guys so that creates more opportunity if you don't mind that. The ones who weren't loco ghosted me after not long

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Real.

Coming from a guy who gets a lot of matches.. the guys here who don't, have nothing to worry about. They mean nothing.

First of all, some girls never reply to the first text. That just means you look good enough for them to swipe on you (your pics aren't ugly) but not good enough to really want to get to know you, when they have THOUSANDS (yes, thousands) of other men to choose from.

Then there are girls who actually do answer and talk to you for a couple days, and just when you feel like you're starting to form a good connection and there's a great vibe going on, poof they disappear. A few days later they usually come back and say "wow I'm really sorry, I've been so busy" and their favorite sentence: "I'm barely on this app". Bullshit bc their status is online 90% of the day, which some guys already pointed out before you, so they will tell you in advance that there's a bug with the app and they don't know why it's like that. Hilarious.

By that point it's over, which is hard to accept bc your brain will do every single mental gymnastic to give her the benefit of doubt.

But from my experience.. even if she talks to you a few more times after that, or even meets you in real life (only means that your texts were smooth enough, congrats by the way, you are a MASTER - nothing less! It's that hard!), it's just over. Those girls usually go back on the app right after the date on their way home.

And then when you finally find a girl who is actually super into you, you often find out she has some sort of mental illness (like bipolar/borderline/schizo/etc). That's how dating apps are for men.

Oh yeah! Once again, I agree, I have had this happen so many times. I have become better and better at my filters and usually unmatch quicker - also because I don't want to get banned for no reason (it has happened to me several times).

But, more recently, I started to think that perhaps guys are not entirely to blame in this dating world. Everybody accepts (both guys and girls) that some guys come as mid-century horn dogs with openers that could only work in a p**rn movie. However, we never focus on the girls.

They are equally contributing to the mess. So yeah, you could be your best, do your best, but if what you are courting, does not want to be courted then there is only so much you can do.

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I think that women who stay on those apps for more than a little while are likely to be "a little off" mentally. Not all of them, there are some exceptions, but the majority for sure. You should be glad that the women you've met weren't a part of that culture.

I know it sounds harsh, but that's just my personal experience after spending a lot of time on the apps. I'm not an incel or a misogynist, women are precious and I love them. I'm a very social and charismatic guy too. But those dating app girls are just crazy.

I'm sure that a lot of women feel the same way about men on dating apps, just talking about my personal experience.
I totally agree with your views. They're off and you can tell. Same thing goes for men who take it way too seriously. Your description of how matches go nowhere totally matches (pun intended) my experiences as well. Matches mean nothing. Real(-life) connections do.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's really obvious (in a good way) that you have experience on there :p The clothes you wear, how you look/hair/personality, you're an aesthetic enough guy. I've also been hearing the same from my friends over the years. Fact is a the majority of girls on a dating app have some kind of flaw; whether serious mental illness, past baggage, looks, gold digger etc. The guys on there will range from desperate (ugly or flawed in some way) to normal cool successful guys who just want sex with different women which is understandable. Many pretty normal girls I know have never been bothered with online dating and are already locked down in some way with other guys they know in real life. Eventually there is a marriage there or long term relationship. There is no need for them to go on the market like that and they find it bit weak. You have to question why a girl would be on an app for years looking for a man, obviously something is lacking within her.

The compliment I gave you was basically to assure you that you can find someone you click with around your social circle who is a more day to day gorgeous, fun and loyal girl. Not saying this can't be found on apps but the feedback seems to be that it's overall full of trash in some way if you're seeking a long term relationship. And of course a minority of guys on here bigged it up due to their success but again it was because they were also flawed and found a match that they wouldn't be able to around them in real life.
Thanks for the the nice words, friend. And yep, you 100% nailed it. Girls that we know in real life, who are stable and socially adjusted, will rarely be on dating apps and there's a stigma attached to it for a reason.

In the past I was like "Oh sh*t! I just matched with this hot girl!" and it lowkey made my day. After getting used to it, getting a reply from one was so cool to me too, like "damn, she's giving me her time of the day"..

At this point I'm so used to the entire process that I've grown to be completely numb to it, and just detached myself mentally. I'm done with it all for good. Real life all the way for healthy relationships.

Last edited:

Paulito9x9

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the past I was like "Oh sh*t! I just matched with this hot girl!" and it lowkey made my day. After getting used to it, getting a reply from one was so cool to me too, like "damn, she's giving me her time of the day"..

At this point I'm so used to the entire process that I've grown to be completely numb to it, and just detached myself mentally. I'm done with it all for good. Real life all the way for healthy relationships.
Same same. Though due to this covid situation all the social events I used to attend and a lot of the things I used to do suddenly became impossible.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, what's the deal? It's just the truth. Balding man look like older creeps no matter your age. it's the reality. Not even older woman like it.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have tinder matches even if my current hair so I don't give a f***. The issue is me. How I look to myself. There's no way I'm accepting baldness.

Onni

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That guy's a model? Doesn't take much it seems. I don't think any hair would make him a model.