Body hair transplant and minoxidil

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
To keep this short.

I have more than enough body hair to become a thick nw0. The problem is, is that my body hair only grows around 1 cm (0.4 inc). I am already using minoxidil but I wonder: can minoxidil when applying on transplanted body hair make it grow longer?

ThatHairStruggle

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it's a different type of hair, my body hair is not as soft as my head hair. Although maybe that's because I don't shampoo my body hair...

Cincinnati Kid

Established Member
Reaction score
Doubtful. Those body hair follicles are not the same as the ones on your face or scalp. The ones on your face and scalp have growth cycles that can last for years, but the body is genetically programmed to only allow for body hair to have a growth cycle of a couple of months. I'm not a doctor, but I don't believe that moving a follicle from, for arguments sake, your chest to your scalp will allow it to change it's genetic programming from only being able to grow for a couple of months to being able to grow for years just by the sheer fact that the follicle is now taking up real estate on your dome, even if you use minoxidil. minoxidil may be able to make the follicle itself thicker and darker, but most likely not longer.