Blood flow official thread!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
OK guys, I am making up a list of supplements or exercises that increase blood flow. We all know that is one of the important part of hair loss treatment but always forgotten!

Chocamine
Garlic
Ginko Biloba
DHEA
Cayenne pepper (Capsaicin)
Cocoa
Alpha-Ketoglutarate (AAKG) better than L-Arginine( improved bioavailability)
Fish Oil ( Omega 3)
Vitamin B3 Niacin (Niacinamide)
Estrogen! yes Estrogen!

So many of them..Please help me out!

Fred

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
squeegee said:
Alpha-Ketoglutarate (AAKG) better than L-Arginine( improved bioavailability)

I would say that Arginine Pyroglutamate is even better than AAKG for bioavailability.

bubka

Reaction score
squeegee said:
OK guys, I am making up a list of supplements or exercises that increase blood flow. We all know that is one of the important part of hair loss treatment but always forgotten!
Really, I didn't know there was a linked between male pattern baldness and decreased blood flow. Do you care to share it with us?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
bubka said:
squeegee said:
Really, I didn't know there was a linked between male pattern baldness and decreased blood flow. Do you care to share it with us?
:bravo:

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Likely minoxidil's main mechanism of action is as a vascodilator. That's what all those aforementioned substances as topicals have in common. Another good one to possibly try in synergy with minoxidil is Vinpocetine. Just be careful, the increased potentcy of many vascodilators in combination could possibly cause harm if systemically absorbed.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.puretango.com/vitalcell.html

Vital Cell® contains a proprietary blend of herbal extracts shown to improve microcirculation and blood flow, reduce plasma viscosity and repair capillary damage while restoring internal organ function

f*****g expensive. Look pretty good...I am not into herbals and Chinese stuff but hey!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
purecontrol said:
None of those even compare to the Chocamine on your list, that is all you need end of story.

What is so special about it??
Chocamine is a proprietary cocoa extract meant to provide the stimulation and health benefits of chocolate without any of the unnecessary, potentially unhealthy ingredients (such as sugar and fat). It contains numerous constituents, including methylxanthines (theobromine, caffeine, and theophylline), biogenic amines (phenylethylamine, tyramine, and according to one source, synephrine), amino acids (phenylalanine, tryptophan, tyrosine, others), minerals (with a high content of magnesium), numerous beneficial antioxidants, and possibly some non-psychoactive cannabanoid-related compounds. The combination of these multiple ingredients produces a unique effect. Promotional literature makes many positive claims about Chocamine, including increased energy, appetite suppression, increased lipolysis (fat burning), improved mood, improved concentration, increased alertness, improved physical performance, aphrodisiac properties, and health benefits.

Why all the bodybuilders supplements companies are just all over Nitric Oxide then?

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is the thing and something you are not thinking about, as you age you actually not only lose the volume of circulation but you actually lose capilaries which are responsible for things like your skin, etc and especially your hair.

Do a google, nothing else is going to help your body form new capillaries to the extent the chocamine aka cocoa is going to, Res and grapeseed are in that area.

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess it's safe to say that smoking is very bad for the hair and that this is a proven fact. Studies have been done and published in the new york times. Take a look:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/20/health/20real.html?partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

So the circulatory system and cardiovascular system obviously have something to do with this, but I think it also depends on how heavily hair loss runs in your family. Hair loss does not run heavily in my family, and I have seen friends of mine that have dads and family members who are balder than my dad yet they have better hair than me. Also my hairline still remains intact, yet thinning in a receding pattern.

There's also a scientific article on the issue: http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0140673605178738. If anyone was willing to pay 30 bucks to get a hold of the report and share it, it would totally make my day!

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hell.. for all we know, the association shown in that Taiwanese study of smoking and balding could be there result of telomere shortening caused by cigarette smoke.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16112303

Personally, I feel that the whole blood flow/diminished nutrition to the follicle theory is a bunch of :jackit:

The capillary system detaches from the follicle upon catagen induction and remains absent until the anagen phase, at which point, it reforms. Induce anagen and you will restore blood flow.