Blocking DHT Only At The Follicle?

PHH

Reaction score
I took finasteride for several years, but took a break due to low energy/anxiety (which could have been all in my head), but I do feel better. The thing is, finasteride actually worked for me as I started quickly receeding when I was 16 and then did not lose a bit (now 23). I don't want my overall DHT levels to be low, however, I do want to get to the root of the problem and minimize the DHT at the follicles.

I've heard of Revivogen and Saw Palmetto that are supposed to block DHT topically at the follicle. I was wondering if there is anyone here that has real experience with these kinds of treatments or others that block at the follicle.

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
What about the combination of minoxidil + Nizoral 2% keto,and add Spironolactone(S5 cream) ? And remember..if you stop the finasteride you will loose that you have already maintained or any regrowth...so think about it faster.

PHH

Reaction score
Is that what you use? How much would all that cost? I'm a pretty poor grad student right now. I stopped finasteride just almost 2 weeks ago. Would I lose it all really that quick?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
PHH said:
I've heard of Revivogen and Saw Palmetto that are supposed to block DHT topically at the follicle.

The fatty acids in Revivogen are proven 5a-reductase inhibitors when applied topically, but I doubt that's ever been clearly demonstrated in the specific case of applying them to hair follicles. That's something that really should be carefully tested by research scientists!

Don't know about saw palmetto.