Bladder Question...

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know why but, I just can't hold in my urine worth anything...

I'm pretty sure it's not Propecia...because not only have I pretty much had this issue well before using it, but I still have it after over 1 year of quitting Propecia...

I hear from a relative that it's due to lack of exercise...which I can believe because I don't really do daily exercise or anything like that (I don't need to for any weight reasons, since I'm fair weight). He says it gets my blood flowing and doesn't put "pressure on the bladder" and thus makes it easier for me to hold in until I make it to the bathroom...

Which reminds me to say. It's not that I WANT to hold it in per se. I just want to be able to hold it just long enough until I make it to the bathroom...so whenever I feel the urge, I go right away. It's just that sometimes even despite THAT, I fail to hold it within time and make a mess. :(

So is it really the lack of exercise that's likely the problem? Just tell me what you guess. I know I shouldn't take replies like they're from doctors, but I still want opinions...

s.a.f

Reaction score
If anything Finasteride would improve things thats what it was originally made for. The best way to 'excercise' for this is to simply always hold on for as long as you can, I'm not sure how this works technicaly but I believe this will strengthen the muscles that hold bladder closed.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
...:(

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if my issue may have something to do with frequent sex and/or masturbation…I think it may since, it’s probably having the opposite effect of what s.a.f. said Propecia has…Propecia's supposed to lessen pressure on the bladder, or something like that. I think it would make sense that having sex or masturbating after about 10 years or so would cause this bladder pressure that makes it harder for you to hold in piss, even just long enough to make it to the bathroom.

Input?

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh god...wtf?

One person saying Propecia if anything would help towards this issue.

Another saying it gave them that problem and upon quitting the issue went away, and came back when they re-started the drug.

And I'M saying this problem I pretty much had BEFORE, DURING, and after being on Propecia...

From the look of it, then, it seems Propecia may not play a role at all in this...maybe we just need to excercise more? I mean, when that strong piss urge arises all of a sudden, I jog around to help me control it so that when I enter the bathroom...I piss specifically in one area...so excercise helped. I'd imagine frequent daily exercise would make you more used to holding it long enough to enter bathroom.

One last thing I'll say...when I used to be atheletic (early in High School) I never had this kind of issue...after that, I pretty much stopped excercise. It's been around 7 years since, so...and I also know this definitely began by sometimes in 2007...just my current take on it.