Birth Defects and long term damage

Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for two months now. Havent really noticed any major results yet but im gonna hang in there. I have got sides though. See, i dont mind the slightly larger breasts as on my lean body they look like pecs. I can live with the watery sperm as it is only watery if i masturbate every night. I dont mind not being able to get an erection during the day or in the mornings because as soon as i turn on the p**rn my c*** is rock hard. What i am really really concerned about is the long term damage i may be doing to my body especially with regards to being able to have healthy children. I defo want kids. Are there any guys on here that have concieved whilst on finasteride? Does anyone have any theories about what long term DHT supression may do to the body?

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
my understanding is plenty of guys have conceived while on finasteride.. however, the watery semen would be a warning side to me that something might not be right.. i have not experienced that side.

Todd

Established Member
Reaction score
DHT work on receptors in the epididymis, improving sperm motility and gives "nourishment" to the sperm.
There is evidence that finasteride causes less sperm and watery sperm, and thus MAY reduce fertility. This comes from a lack of DHT following treatment, not from finasteride itself.

There is one infamous case study, wich reported on two cases of dyspermia (mutated, non functioning sperm) and azoospermia (complete lack of sperm cells). Although this indicates that alpha reductase inhibition and DHT depletion, may lead to infertility in some cases; there are no large clinical trials wich shows a correlation between infertility and finasteride usage. Both patient became fertile after discontinuing the drug (raising DHT levels).

Also, people have concieved, and do concieve, children while on both propecia and proscar.