Bioviva and the quest to reverse aging

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
http://bioviva-science.com/2016/04/21/first-gene-therapy-successful-against-human-aging/

"Elizabeth Parrish, CEO of Bioviva USA Inc. has become the first human being to be successfully rejuvenated by gene therapy, after her own company’s experimental therapies reversed 20 years of normal telomere shortening."
Dont know if theres direct implication for our problem, but hey if we can live just long enough to see a solution come to fruition while still being biologically young, Id still be happy.

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol. How cruel would it be if researchers solved aging before hair loss :) We could enjoy a long-long hairless life.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol. How cruel would it be if researchers solved aging before hair loss :) We could enjoy a long-long hairless life.

Liz Parrish said she expects her therapy to be available in 3 to 5 years according to a recent AMA on reddit. Im assuming she meant in Colombia or other countries. She tested on her self in Colombia because I believe she thought the FDA would take too long. Fingers crossed that maybe the biological time ticking backwards will undo the damage to our follicles.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
It's funny though how aging isn't anywhere near as debilitating to a person's looks as baldness.
Still, I welcome this if only because I'll likely need it by the time I get my hands on a hair loss cure, hah.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
From there site.

Mobilization of stem cells in their niches is a key process in organ homeostasis and continued function. Maria Blasco has demonstrated that telomerase activity is linked to mobilization of stem cells, in this case in skin[18] (though it is likely the case this mechanism is universal in other tissues). Loss of telomeres inhibited stem cell mobilization from the niche leading to impairment of hair growth and skin cell proliferation. However Tert expression independent of telomere length promoted cell mobilization. This demonstrates an additional role of telomerase in the cell not only in its ability to regulate genes and limit replication but also its ability to mobilize dormant stem cells to regenerate cells and tissue. This ability for telomeres and telomerase to mobilize stem cells has important implications for regenerative medicine[19].

http://bioviva-science.com/skin-aging/

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Liz Parrish said she expects her therapy to be available in 3 to 5 years according to a recent AMA on reddit. Im assuming she meant in Colombia or other countries. She tested on her self in Colombia because I believe she thought the FDA would take too long. Fingers crossed that maybe the biological time ticking backwards will undo the damage to our follicles.

LOL @ FDA. Aint that the truth!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
^LOL, what a slap to the face!

Look younger, but not really... enjoy your baldness! My god...

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't you think that's true though? Androgen baldness really isn't related to aging, it's related to
our DHT level.

Definitely lost hair faster in my twenties.

I dont know, it's speculation. If reversing aging meant restoring follicles with DP cells, then DHT doesn't matter.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't be dumb guys, one of the worst things about going bald early is losing your youth. If we stop and reverse aging, then once the hair loss cure is found we can all become young again and relive our 20s properly, as we should have, with a full head of hair. :D

Conpecia

Reaction score
As someone who is entering his 30s and starting to slow down physically, I'd trade my hair in a heartbeat to have the body of a 20-year-old again. Wouldn't think twice. I could play basketball for my entire life. Wouldn't have to worry about alzheimer's or dementia. It'd be heaven.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As someone who is entering his 30s and starting to slow down physically, I'd trade my hair in a heartbeat to have the body of a 20-year-old again. Wouldn't think twice. I could play basketball for my entire life. Wouldn't have to worry about alzheimer's or dementia. It'd be heaven.
Speaking of basketball, will we ever have something that reopens the growth plates? I'm 5'11" but I'd give my left nut to be 6'4". I'm talking 10-25 years from now. Is it even feasible?

jake_b

Established Member
Reaction score
I want this to be real, but I am very skeptical. Where are the animal studies? Where is the published paper? To just jump out with a press release saying they'd tried it on one person and it looks good... That's not usually how science works.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want this to be real, but I am very skeptical. Where are the animal studies? Where is the published paper? To just jump out with a press release saying they'd tried it on one person and it looks good... That's not usually how science works.
Targeting just the telomeres is the most myopic view of aging I've ever heard. I don't believe this crap for a minute.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Speaking of basketball, will we ever have something that reopens the growth plates? I'm 5'11" but I'd give my left nut to be 6'4". I'm talking 10-25 years from now. Is it even feasible?

Height extension surgery breaks your legs and gives you several inches, but it's all in the legs. It costs between fifty and eighty thousand US dollars, and you need a few months of rehab and growth.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Height extension surgery breaks your legs and gives you several inches, but it's all in the legs. It costs between fifty and eighty thousand US dollars, and you need a few months of rehab and growth.
Haha I was thinking of something more along the lines of inserting cartilage that would expand without the agony and risk of leg lengthening surgery.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

I'd love it if my knees didn't feel like they were about to SNAP on a hard driving cut. I played ball a few years ago and I remember I could feel as if my knee cap or something inside was about to dislodge. Scary moment.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I'm curious if there is any cutting edge research to increase height. I am 5'8 - 5'9, but I'd kill to be 6'+...

- - - Updated - - -

The technology she used can be used hypothetically for Androgenetic Alopecia too. Silence the AR and you have a full 100% preventative angle long term therapy.

Everything is coming closer :).

Swoop, I'm sure you've seen the 3-alpha-HSD thread - would love to hear your thoughts on that. HLC2020 guy posted about it today and the 'Roman' guy is responding to questions in the comment section. He seems fairly confident in it also. Obviously we've seen our fair share of people confident in their own research though (FGF11, etc.)...

abcdefg

Reaction score
Don't you think that's true though? Androgen baldness really isn't related to aging, it's related to
our DHT level.

Definitely lost hair faster in my twenties.

The initial trigger of losing hair is from androgens maybe just DHT but also maybe T the most abundant male hormone by far. Once it starts though removing androgens is not really the answer, especially once its gone its a whole different ball game.
Yeah where is the way to silence the AR. Been waiting on that for about 25 years or so. Actually carrying out the theories is by far the hardest part.