Big improvements in skin from dutasteride

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey, just to let you guys know, I started taking Dr Reddy's Dutas last week in place of finasteride and my skin has noticeably improved. It looks much cleaner and healthier. What's more, the bags under my eyes have shrunk a fair bit.

Anyone else noticed this effect? I would take Dutas for its effect on my skin alone, it's that much of a change :)

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
i dont think a week is enuff time for dutasteride to be in your system fully. might be just a aquincidence.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I thought dutasteride started working really quickly?

I might be wrong though.

Well *something* has made my skin a lot better and that's the only change I've made recently....

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't assume that just because dutasteride takes several months to work on hair means that it doesn't starting working fast on skin (acne).

I had the same effect as well with my acne. It definitely cleared me up fast (within a week or two).

I've been saying for ages that dutasteride could be a much better/safer drug than accutane for this purpose.

STOPHEY

Reaction score
when you have been on it a month or 2, let me know how your getting on .....i may switch to dutasteride...and see how i get on.

good luck man!

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
STOPHEY said:
when you have been on it a month or 2, let me know how your getting on .....i may switch to dutasteride...and see how i get on.

good luck man!

Will do fella... and thanks :)

NeverEndingBattle

Reaction score
About 6 weeks

on dutasteride and my skin also looks more radiant and youthful and have to say actually looks great for 46 yrs old. Don't know if it's from the dutasteride or 1000 MSM I've been taking for the last 5 weeks.

Hair is coming alive and starting to thicken.

jambri

Established Member
Reaction score
I have definitely experienced that MSM has a very noticeable benefit to skin.

I also noticed my skin clearing up a lot after starting finasteride, not dutasteride. Had acne on my back for 15 years which disappeared after 2 months.

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I forgot to mention, that was my reaction to finasteride as well - terrible acne on face and back(where I never had it before).

If you want my best GUESS at why this is the case for some of us, I would say it has something to do with the type I/II inhibiting ratios of dutasteride vs. finasteride.