Big 3 SHED!!!!

SSM23

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, Id like some advice please.

Iv been getting great results (regrowth and thickening) from the big 3 for almost 6 months. All of a sudden iv started to shed alot and im shitting myself.

How long does this last and will it get better again?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
sheds seem to differ from individual to individual. some never undergo a shed.

if there's any such thing as a "normal" shed - it shouldn't last more than 1 - 2 weeks. although I've heard of some lasting for 4 weeks.

I can't be 100% certain of course - but in your case, being you've been doing so well for 6 months - then the shed is most likey a good thing. Hopefully it'll wane in a week or 2, and then the hair that did shed will come back thicker and stronger.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My theory is that when you start on a regimen containing things which make shedding more likely (especially minoxidil), it resets the cycles of many follicles, synchronising their growth patterns. This means every time the synchronised hairs reach the end of their natural growth period, they will fall out en masse, thereby causing the 'shedding' you have experienced. The upshot of this is that instead of sheddding at a constant rate, your sheds will be lower for periods, and then peak suddenly, then be lower again.

SSM23

Established Member
Reaction score

SSM23

Established Member
Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:

if there's any such thing as a "normal" shed - it shouldn't last more than 1 - 2 weeks. although I've heard of some lasting for 4 weeks.

I can't be 100% certain of course - but in your case, being you've been doing so well for 6 months - then the shed is most likey a good thing. Hopefully it'll wane in a week or 2, and then the hair that did shed will come back thicker and stronger.

Thanks for your encouragement!!!

SSM23

Established Member
Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:

Still shedding!!!

Petchsky

Reaction score
It's normal...then when you hit month 8/9 you will get another shed that will shatter your belief in these treatments. Your on the rollercoaster baby! I would say enjoy the ride, but there is nothing to enjoyable about it.

You will be okay and your hair will come back better than before.

HK2LOVE

Reaction score
SSM23 said:
hair_tomorrow said:

Still shedding!!!

you will lose all of them ,
you are walking my way
now i almost 4-5nor