Better Propecia Dosage Options

bigd

Reaction score
Can I get some opininions on what some users do and what is better for the following, or what you recommend?

-Taking Propecia 1 MG per day
-Propecia .5 MG per day
-Propecia 1 MG EOD
-Propeica .5 mg EOD

Anyother combos?

Trying to figure out what I should do.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
First off I would get proscar or it's generic Fincar. Those are 5mg pills that give you more bang for the buck. For me the fincar costs less than 10 bucks per month.

I take 1.25 mg per day. Initially I experienced some mild sides but now I am back to normal. If you want to avoid sides perhaps you shoudl ease into dosing. Start with 1/8 of a proscar/fincar every day or even every other day and work that up to 1.25mg. You could do fifths and get 1mg/Day but what is the point if you have no issues. I think it is best to stay near the 1mg dose because they decided on that for a reson and 1.25 is good enough for me. Some do 1/4 proscar for 4 days then take one off, but again why bother, and why give your body a jolt by doing that

bigd

Reaction score
How are your results? The only side I worry about is shedding, I already shed like a wooly mammoth.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Dinzy said:
First off I would get proscar or it's generic Fincar. Those are 5mg pills that give you more bang for the buck. For me the fincar costs less than 10 bucks per month.
Only go this route if you are unable to afford Propecia. Trust me when I say that 1mg daily is far more desireable than 1.25mg daily if you're looking for optimum results with the least chance of side effects. To most guys, that is worth the extra cost. It was for me.

I take 1.25 mg per day. Initially I experienced some mild sides but now I am back to normal.
Many people wont and don't get back to normal on 1.25mg. It is always recommended to take the proper dose which is 1mg daily.

You could do fifths and get 1mg/Day but what is the point if you have no issues.
So as to avoid issues.

Some do 1/4 proscar for 4 days then take one off, but again why bother, and why give your body a jolt by doing that
Agreed on that. Consistent, daily dosing at whatever dose you decide on is better than skipping days.

HairLossTalk.com

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
bigd said:
How are your results? The only side I worry about is shedding, I already shed like a wooly mammoth.
Shedding means its working. Don't worry about shedding, celebrate it. It means your hair is reacting to the treatment. That hair isn't being "Killed". Its going dormant and by the laws of nature it will come back. There is nothing to worry about. It sucks horribly when it happens, but don't be tricked into the alarmist theories cycling around out there. Shedding is a good sign.

HairLossTalk.com