Best Solvent Soak? I don't like C22/Oil except for my scalp as it makes hairs fall out. Is there something I can just toss a system into ?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Toss a system into and the adhesive will just come off, with no further issue, no manual scrubbing etc?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
No. I'd like one as well, but there probably isn't, because I've searched and asked for many times. Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover is a bit stronger than C22. Maybe that is enough for you.
Ignition fluid sucks as well. Is weak and evaporates quickly. Maybe it was too alcohol based, not naphtha?
Don't try acetone. The acetone will be of different color afterwards which probably indicates it's removing the color from the hair.
All of them evaporate a lot, so will make you feel bad.
Turpentine? Purer naphtha? Though, Autoglym is close to 100% naphtha I think. There are lots of different cleaning products in construction shops. Maybe worth trying, but I doubt they're much different from naphtha. Something too strong will solve the lace though. Try asking and searching for stuff that removes tar, pickle, motor oil from clothes.

C22 is best considering toxicity and effectiveness both. If too expensive, then Hairdirect's citrus solvent is as good and doesn't cost much.

Last edited:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
C22 works but it's disgusting and, with lace, loosens the knots way too much.

Acetone eats hair pieces, bro.

Will alcohol work?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
C22 works but it's disgusting and, with lace, loosens the knots way too much.

Acetone eats hair pieces, bro.

Will alcohol work?
Alcohol is too weak and evaporates too quickly, so the glue gets solid again quickly when you take it out of it. It has to be oily, so it doesn't evaporate that quickly.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alcohol evaporates if you put it on something. I'm talking proper soak, in a tub of fluid. I dropped my piece in 99 alcohol and it worked magically. That's the solvent to use. C22 etc are reasonable, loosen hairs.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Alcohol evaporates if you put it on something. I'm talking proper soak, in a tub of fluid. I dropped my piece in 99 alcohol and it worked magically. That's the solvent to use. C22 etc are reasonable, loosen hairs.
How did it work? The glue just game off? What did you do to remove the glue? Didn't it get hard as soon as you removed it from the solvent?