Best 'solution' For Young Diffuse Thinner (transplants Vs Smp Vs Systems)

hairboy12345

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

23 year old Swede here. I've been diffuse thinning for a few years now and its going in a NW5 pattern. I've managed to keep a hold of things with Toppik, Min and finasteride but the latter has been causing side effects recently that I can't handle. I'm weaning off and will restart with a lower dosage. Regardless, I'm not happy with how my hair is.

I've shaved my head to 0 guard multiple times but I really need a frame to my face to pull it off - lucky for me I've got one of those lightbulb heads :(

It seems I have three options:

a) Try a Hair System (there's a great stylist nearby and it seems a no brainer to at least try it for a few months)

b) Go for SMP (a bit iffy on this - on a bare scalp (esp for a white man) I'm not sure its for me)

c) Wait till I'm 26 and get a Hair Transplant to pair with an smp treatment to give a permanent looking buzz

d) Wait till I'm 26 and a Hair Transplant for a receeded but nice look

I'm really curious about what this forum might suppose the best option is. My financial situation is good and any of these treatments are not out of the question.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Impossible to answer without photos.

You may as well get a few free consultations with some hair transplant surgeons (via Skype or otherwise) in terms of options.

You definitely need finasteride, do 0.25mg a day.

Kamigami

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean you could do option a) AND c/d but I agree with Kambrira you would definitely need to be on finasteride.
Please do share a photo and inform us of the norwood situation of your close family.

George Hen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I reached your stage I decide to try a hair system. I had tried all the meds and considered and researched transplants for years but eventually ruled it out because I wouldn’t get decent results due to small donor area. I didn’t like the idea that a transplant would leave scarring and I liked how a system leaves no permanent damage like that too.

With a hair system I figured it was my last chance - if it doesn’t work I’ll be bald anyway but at least I tried.

3 years later and I’m still wearing and, to be honest, I love it. Hair systems probably aren’t for everyone but, for me, they work wonders. I look so bad without hair that, when I tried shaving my head, people openly told me either that I looked SO different bald or that I just didn’t look good/attractive at all.
Since I’ve been using a hair system it’s the opposite, I get compliments for my looks and I feel much more attractive.
I’m sure some people probably know I’m wearing but I’ve learned that people will almost always respect your privacy and not mention it or they just don’t care.
The same has applied with relationships - I’m sure they know but nobody’s cared enough to mention it.

I’m not trying to make out that it’s all amazing and positive - it takes a lot of courage at first, a certain level of dedication (especially at the beginning) and can be fairly expensive. Some days are also better than others and it’s a pretty steep learning curve you have to be prepared for.

The most difficult aspect about systems is finding somewhere to buy from in the first place - if you do decide to go down the system route I’d highly recommend researching places carefully. Go with your gut on a place, be picky based on the photos and be confident about the results you would like.

Good luck with whichever option you decide to take!