Best Hair Transplant Doctor In Sydney, Australia?

sydneyray

Reaction score
Hey guys
hope you can help me.
I am a 47 year old male with hair loss & thinning hair & live in Sydney, Australia.
I am seeking about 4000 to 5000 grafts (subject to my donor region) with 2 procedures in the next year or two.

Can you recommend a doctor/clinic either within Australia, Asia or Canada/U.S.A ?

The doctors in Australia do not offer
" high graft " procedures & their reputations are either not very good or unknown. Local doctors including Dr Ray Woods from Sydney, Australia seem to be extremely expensive compared to other doctors worldwide.

I would be prepared to fly overseas for my procedures.

I think my post will be of interest to many H.T candidates outside the U.S.A & Canada.

Cheers
Ray
Sydney, Australia

Jason_2009

Reaction score
I was in the same postion you were about a year ago

After looking online at forums and websites e.t.c
I quickly came to the conclusion That I didnt want to take the risk.
Take a look at russel kurtsons pictures they look like they were taken in the 70... Then have a look at Hasson & Wongs or Dr Rahals and theres no comparasion Or any other Doctor in Australia
The thing I liked about forums is too is that they back up there work
from patients posting there before and afters.
Which I have not seen many from patients that had work done in Australia and the few that I had seen were nothing of the standard of US/European Doctors
Dr Woods is proberly the most well know but he only does FUE which is ok for small procedures but if you want 2 sessions then I take it you need a fair few grafts so I wouldnt be going down the FUE route with the low graft numbers and also theres a bit of negativty around him.
I really wish there was one that stands out myself but like I say when you look a the clinics In the US Compared to the Aussie ones I personaly couldnt take the risk.
Do your home work meet a few people if you can dont take my word for it or anyone else other than do your HOME WORK
Good Luck!

sydneyray

Reaction score
Thanks for your input Jason.
Seems Australia doesn't really have a great choice of H.T doctors.
Another forum suggests Australians consider their recommended Thailand surgeon Dr Damkerng Pathomvanich.

I will seek further info on his services & welcome anymore advice or info you would like to share.

Thanks again
Ray
Sydney, Australia

Jason_2009

Reaction score
Yeah He is well Known..I understand a few Australians have seen him so if you can email Dr path and ask him if you can have refferences from sydney patients of his and hopefully you can meet them or if not phone them.
The only thing with him is I havnt seen anything that blows be away yet
Thats not to say they are not out there..but check him out

nohairnohair

Reaction score
Hi! I have been to Doctor andrew kim from aihr and he practices in sydney. He offers a free consult which is actually very helpful for me and he is also very honest about my condition and the potential treatments that would work for me. I wish to have a hair transplant done, and should I finally decide on it/or once I have enough budget to finally push through, I would definitely go with Doctor kim. I advise that you go talk to if you wan honest opinions. i hope this helps.