Best greens/superfood for hair? + My protocol

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
justaguy2005 said:
1) I just started using emerald balance a little under a month ago, and i've already noticed my temples seem a little fuzzier and my hair overall seems happy. Will be able to say better in another couple months.

2) If you want to quit smoking, ask your doctor about wellbutrin/zyban/buproprion. That stuff worked great for me, have been cig-free for two years, which is statistically the point when you become very unlikely to relapse.

That's actually really good to hear. I think my hair might be just a little bit thicker, but I could also be saying that since my hair is starting to grow out longer. I don't know, I was reading my earlier post and it kinda made me feel shitty, but I don't feel as shitty as when I wrote it.

As for cigarettes, it seems like some people have actually done a study positively correlating smoking and hair loss. Check it out: http://www.centreforhairloss.co.uk/articles/12/1/Cigarettes-may-cause-hair-loss/Page1.html.

With the cessation of cigarettes I know for a fact I would eat more food, and this would give me more incentive to go running or doing other cardiovascular type of things to keep my weight in check. This would totally be a good thing as I think I kind of need to gain weight anyways.

So... cessation of smoking, cardiovascular activity, healthy lifestyle, anti-oxidants, minoxidil sulfate, as well as the fact that I still might have my young age going for me might hit the mark. This sort of thing is not an easy undertaking by any means, it's not easy to make such drastic lifestyle changes, but there's no doubt there's a lot of positivity behind it. Best to do it now though, and not wait until I really am physically aging beyond repair. Not only that but it's still summer and not too cold to go outside and do some physical activity.

After seeing some older pictures of myself it seems to me that my complexion is also not as good as it used to be, I'm only 20 so I can only really attribute some sort of environmental factors for this sort of thing. I actually come from a family line that tends to age pretty gracefully, and I feel like I'm the black sheep in more than one way.

It's really really hard to change some significant things in life, but I think it's the sort of thing that really can define your worth as a person.

ali777

Reaction score
your story and outlook to life sounds very similar to mine.

I've been very stressed for the last few years, I smoke, my diet was all over the place, etc. My hair is almost the same as yours. The only difference is that I'm 30.

I am trying to change, but I need to remove the stress element first and that isn't going to happen for at least another month or two. I tried to quit smoking, but it's not the right time for me. When I am more relaxed I will definitely quit smoking.

At least I managed to improve my diet. I have a relatively balanced diet now, and I stay away from processed food. I actually feel dirty in the inside when I eat processed food. I'd rather have a cheese and tomato sandwich (no mass produced chemically bleached bread neither) than a microwavable meal.

I've started working out regularly, but I still don't do enough cardiovascular exercises. This is one area that I need to improve, but time is a problem. Resistance training doesn't tire me much, but if I go jogging I need a few hours to recover, and I don't have a few hours most of the days.

I'm on the path to recovery and I hope you stick to your changes as well.

ChrisJ

Reaction score
Matt Skiba said:
I tried finasteride last year when I was 19 and I still feel like I haven't fully recovered from the sexual sides, and I only took it for something like 2 weeks. I think cigarette smoking might have something to do with this. I've actually read somewhere that someone who is taking HGH should pretty much not have any vices under any circumstance, as vices deter the endurance of the body and this goes for testicular and sexual health as well. Also when I didn't smoke for as little as 2 days I could feel things getting better... I really need to give up the cancer sticks.

As for body hair, in all honesty I don't have all that much. I have a decent amount in the front, but absolutely no back hair thankfully. There's a lot of hairier guys than me out there who have a full head of hair. My beard has actually just begun maturing into the handlebar formation within the last year, and I actually think this begun after I took and quit finasteride which seems kind of odd to me. To top it all off I think finasteride may have even messed with my complexion. I think finasteride may have posssibly even overshot my DHT levels when my body rebounded after I stopped taking the drug. I also tried things like reducing dosage and taking it every other day to avoid sides, but that didn't work out. Like you said I might have been luckier had I taken this stuff after I got into my 20s.

I would be very satisfied even if I can only just recover my innate ability to be happy and good health and complexion. It seems like everything else would pretty much fall into place after that. I REALLY want to quit smoking cigarettes, but without the aid of any more pharmaceuticals like chantix, I'm thinking maybe acupuncture can help with this. I actually feel like I would be happier as a non-smoker, and just less stressed out and irritated. It's just so G**d*** hard to quit!

GOD!!

Seriously, if you are having side effects from Propecia, YOU ARE MOST LIKELY IMAGINING IT!

Check out this page (click the button that says your a medical professional):
http://www.propecia.com/finasteride/pro ... safety.jsp

clipboard01kw1.jpg

Look at first year. 1.3% of people in placebo group are imagining side effects while only 0.5% more in treatment group are acutally having or imagining these side effects.

If your 20, Propecia is MOST LIKELY safe. Try it for a couple months.

Oh and dont blame yourself for hair loss, some people treat themselves like sh*t and still have full head of hair. If you have the hair loss gene tho, bad life style choices may accelerate and/or cause hair loss to start earlier.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
Seriously, if you are having side effects from Propecia, YOU ARE MOST LIKELY IMAGINING IT!

Seriously, if you think this Merck paid study is accurate, you are absolutely imagining it.

Seriously, if you think your spunk doesn't look like water, you are absolutely denying it.

satch5150

Reaction score
I tried mild antiandrogen (natural stuff). After one week my breasts were hurting me and were getting harder. I freaked out it might be gyno symptoms, no propecia for me for sure

justaguy2005

Reaction score
I can't seem to find the compliance/dropout rate in that study. I feel like that could confound side effects, which obviously people aren't making up.
If propecia made my peepee stop working, I'm not sure that I'd keep up with the doctor who gave it to me a year later, let alone keep taking it for a year and be like, o, btw, i haven't gotten a hardon for a year....

ChrisJ

Reaction score
ITNEVERRAINS said:

Seriously, if you think this Merck paid study is accurate, you are absolutely imagining it.

Seriously, if you think your spunk doesn't look like water, you are absolutely denying it.

Umm. Of course Merck is gonna pay for it. Who else would pay for an expensive study for someone else's product?

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
ChrisJ said:
ITNEVERRAINS said:

Umm. Of course Merck is gonna pay for it. Who else would pay for an expensive study for someone else's product?

In a perfect world the FDA would, in a perfect world the FDA would also not be as corrupt as it is.

Having personally experienced this situation I fully agree with this statement.

the Last Fight

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a really good greens product that ive been using off and on. The link shows the canadian version, its packaged differently in the states, its one of the only supplements that has research backing its claims , now i doubt its going to grow hair or like some have claimed emerald balance to but for overall health this is one of the best greens supplements you can buy
http://ca.genuinehealth.com/english/pbn/index.php?id=8&section=162

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey there, which emerald balance do you buy? the normal one, the plus or amazon? and do you know anything about their shipping to canada?

thebump98

Reaction score
has any one had good results from emerald balance drink or alfalfa supplements ???? i just started taking both , heard good things..

elan164

Reaction score
just bought some greens+ plus mutli. dark green drink, gives me a nice green mustache and green teeth, also noticed my piss was a tinge of green. might be unrelated. only been taking it for 2 days now.