Best FUT clinics for Afro textured hair types

Hlbgone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a 30 year old male living in Canada. I'm roughly Norwood 3-4 and in search of the best hair restoration clinics for black hair types. Prior to reading the last thread I was convinced that Dr Diep was the one for me but now I have my doubts.

Any North American clinic will do. A budget of $10000. I've also heard about Turkish clinics, would anybody recommend them?

@WallaceMa76

WallaceMa76

My Regimen
Reaction score
A Norwood 3/4 I think is around 2500 grafts +/-300 grafts. Cutting it close if you need to keep it at $10000 and in the North America. Also, I think my brothers of African descent should go with FUE. The strip scar I imagine would be pretty hard to conceal given low cut hair styles are the norm for African descendants.

If FUT for African hair in North America for that budget:
-Shapiro
-Gabel
-Bloxham
-Rahal
-Nadimi

If FUE for African hair in North America for that budget:
-Vories
-Nader

Nader is the best value of them all at $2.50/FUE graft. Also, he is an elite master. If you are willing to go abroad, think Eugenix in India over Turkey. Budget wise, it is a wash. Some good clinics in Turkey but it is very easy to get duped by a sales agent or broker. Once you decide to go abroad, a world of opportunity and choice opens up for you. Though, I know Canada is pretty strict with travel right now. Also, there is the famous celebrity case of rapper Tyga and his surgeon Craig Ziering you should check out.

If you do go FUE, approach things with slow caution my friend. Might want to go with a really small test procedure (500-800 grafts) as a proof of concept to validate the surgeon can get you good yield. Wait a year, then go back and then swing for the fences. Find a surgeon that is willing to work with you on such a long term plan.

Keep me posted. Willing to support you along the way best I can. Interested in finding out your decision and hearing about your decision making process.

Hlbgone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for that thorough response. I wanted to avoid the FUT procedure at first but the mere fact that there is less chance of over-harvesting I think I would prefer it. I don't mind the scar since I would want to grow my hair out.

What do you think of Natural Hair Transplants? I've seen that they have had terrific results with African hair. Also, I wouldn't be opposed to going overseas. India is a bit far but I've always wanted to visit. And Dr Nader seems really good too.

Thanks for the support too, my hair has taken a turn for the worse. Maybe next year I will see about the procedure if lockdowns are eased. Great idea on Tyga too I saw his transplant.

Last edited:

WallaceMa76

My Regimen
Reaction score
Assess any wounds you've sustained over your lifetime and see if they healed as a keloid scar. From what I've read, black people are more prone to keloid scarring. So if you go FUT and you are susceptible to keloid scarring, you might have one large keloid scar. FUE would decrease the chance of keloid scarring, but you might end up with many small keloid scars. All the readings I've seen on keloid scarring states that it is impossible to predict and treat. Add that into your decision making too.

This Natural Hair Transplants? Looks like a clinic that employs surgeons and shares resources, staffing, expenses, etc. Sometimes these places are called hair mills. Hair mills are generally frowned upon, mostly because of Bosley. But it all depends upon the surgeon who is working on you. Research the surgeon that did the surgery on black patients. See if you can get in touch with any of their patients.

As for Dr. Diep, I know he produces good yield for black patients and he may be a good choice for a Black FUT patient. But I've seen some horrendous FUT scars from him. A black female FUT patient of his reached out to me telling me of her failed procedure. Dr. Diep promised her a free repair. That promise lost as it was passed to his staff. So as her follow-up procedure was scheduled (which she thought was free based on her discussion with Dr. Diep) and the day of surgery was nearing, she was called to be billed for the procedure. She already paid for travel from London but was told "the procedure was not free". Dr. Diep by then forgot about his promise to her. Now she is left with a failed procedure and a FUT scar. I felt terrible for her when she told me that. He has a good track record for yield overall. You just have to be willing to accept his techniques and may have to deal with the communication breakdown that occurs with his clinic.

Are you on finasteride to treat the sudden progression of hair loss?

Hlbgone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thankfully I don't get keloid scarring so that's definitely a plus.

That's the clinic! Yeah I'm so skeptical about hair transplanting procedures so I'm very nervous, but a lot of their results have been good. I've seen one or two with not that great a yield but a lot have been great. I've seen one surgeon in particular who has had great results so he may be the best option.

I think Dr Diep's forté is with FUE. That's really a shame what happened to that lady since she was going all the way from London to Cali. Extremely expensive flight I'm sure plus an undoubtedly expensive procedure. I may look into Dr Rahal since he is in Canada but I'm not certain of his experience with Afro hair.

I have the pills but I left them in the location where I have university and now I'm elsewhere.

Last edited:

Hlbgone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I like Eugenix but the lack of African patients is slightly daunting. I think if I was to go abroad that would be the place for me. Like you say Turkey seems very hit or miss but I think Asli Tarcan seems like a decent clinic.

@WallaceMa76

zakariasabbahi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a 30 year old male living in Canada. I'm roughly Norwood 3-4 and in search of the best hair restoration clinics for black hair types. Prior to reading the last thread I was convinced that Dr Diep was the one for me but now I have my doubts.

Any North American clinic will do. A budget of $10000. I've also heard about Turkish clinics, would anybody recommend them?

@WallaceMa76
dont do FUT its not good for you and its old methode , try to do FUE or DHI
10,000K cus of the price mose american and canadian come to turkey