Best Country for Hair Surgery?

MrDepressed

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just want to know so I can try a transplant in the future when I get old. Is south korea the best country for hair transplant? Knowing its at top for cosmetic procedures. If so, which place in korea would you recommend?

Also a newbie question, if I still have hair with early male pattern baldness (slight thinning on top) is it possible to have transplant (FUE) inorder to get as many grafts as I'd like inorder to get full head of hair (Like korean stars' hair)
Is it possible to turn natural thin hair to thicker hair?
Will transplanted hair last forever? I mean can it still be affected by DHT? Tell me more about it, thanks in advance

pintosamuel

Reaction score
Australia has a number of good surgeons from different regions. I have gone to quite a few consultations, and they all provided good treatment plans. I chose the one that best suited my preferences and needs.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know of any surgeon in South Korea for hair transplant surgery. There are only worldwide a few surgeons that I would go too honestly.

Also forget about getting "korean stars hair". A hair transplant can give a perfect illusion of coverage of the scalp if done properly but will never match the density of native hair. Much depends on your hair characteristics too and on the success of the surgery obviously.

Jaffer

Reaction score
India is also one of the best for surgeries, here i found great surgeons with best experiences. I hear about Dr. Rubin Shyam Gondane is the Chief Surgeon and Founder of Dr. Rubin’s Hair Restoration Clinic. you can prefer here for best treatment.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it would be a mistake for someone with caucasian type fine hair or African type kinky, curly hair to go to somewhere like South Korea to get a hair transplant, or even India, because those surgeons and their artistic experience comes from primarily people with thick, black, straight hair. If I was Indian or East Asian then I would go to an Indian or east Asian surgeon. If I was caucasian I would go to a northern European, North American or maybe a Turkish surgeon. If I was African, I'd imagine north American surgeons would have the most experience doing surgeries with that hair type.

MrDepressed

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know of any surgeon in South Korea for hair transplant surgery. There are only worldwide a few surgeons that I would go too honestly.

Also forget about getting "korean stars hair". A hair transplant can give a perfect illusion of coverage of the scalp if done properly but will never match the density of native hair. Much depends on your hair characteristics too and on the success of the surgery obviously.

What do you EXACTLY mean by "native" hair? I might be stupid but I don't get it...

Instead of getting korean and any asian star hair, is it still possible to get a very high density of full hair without even noticing visible scalp? (unless you pull hair aside)

- - - Updated - - -

I think it would be a mistake for someone with caucasian type fine hair or African type kinky, curly hair to go to somewhere like South Korea to get a hair transplant, or even India, because those surgeons and their artistic experience comes from primarily people with thick, black, straight hair. If I was Indian or East Asian then I would go to an Indian or east Asian surgeon. If I was caucasian I would go to a northern European, North American or maybe a Turkish surgeon. If I was African, I'd imagine north American surgeons would have the most experience doing surgeries with that hair type.

Good point...
But where do you think I should go for if I am Chinese Canadian??? Would South Korea still worth for me?
I don't wanna go for China they really aren't professional

MrDepressed

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ForHair Korea

Alright I had an online consultation for ForHair in Korea and they gave me this report, please tell me if its worth it?
I'm not going to get transplant yet but I'm leaving it for the future in case when I decide to get one

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• forhair1.png
    forhair1.png
    313.6 KB · Views: 1,529
  • forhair2.png
    forhair2.png
    123.5 KB · Views: 1,202
  • forhair3.png
    forhair3.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,187
  • 1.png
    1.png
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,253
  • 2.png
    2.png
    51 KB · Views: 1,223
  • forhair4.png
    forhair4.png
    138.7 KB · Views: 1,288

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
Based on the photos, he doesn't need a hair transplant yet. Getting a hair transplant with that much hair still remaining is pointless.

A hair transplant can never give you a thick full head of hair, as if you never lost any hair at all. It's physically impossible to place the grafts as close together as nature does, without risking damage. When surgeons overcrowd an area with grafts, it often leads to poor graft growth. Conventional wisdom is that a hair transplant can give you 50% of the original hair density, which is enough to create the "illusion" of complete restoration (but doesn't match the thickness of somebody who never experienced any hair loss whatsoever).

In reply to some of the other comments, I would not choose India if I was going to travel somewhere for a hair transplant.

Also, I would not recommend a clinic affiliated with Dr Cole. Just my opinion though.

Rockinlove

Established Member
Reaction score
Disagree. Very few qualitative surgeons with a proven track record and case studies. Getting a FUE done in India can be a nightmare.

Hello Everyone,

I think India is also best country for hair transplant. There In Ahmedabad Dr. Kinnar Kapaida is national award winning surgeon for hair transplant.

nidhi

Reaction score
Here's a list of top ten destinations that offer cheap hair transplant surgeries in the world. The list also indicates the average savings from each country travelling from USA.

India
79 %
Dominican Republic 69%
Turkey 80%
Mexico 79%
Sweden 74%
Costa Rica 62%
Greece 77%
Thailand 81%
Slovenia 76%
Philippines78%

andrus

My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on the photos, he doesn't need a hair transplant yet. Getting a hair transplant with that much hair still remaining is pointless.

A hair transplant can never give you a thick full head of hair, as if you never lost any hair at all. It's physically impossible to place the grafts as close together as nature does, without risking damage. When surgeons overcrowd an area with grafts, it often leads to poor graft growth. Conventional wisdom is that a hair transplant can give you 50% of the original hair density, which is enough to create the "illusion" of complete restoration (but doesn't match the thickness of somebody who never experienced any hair loss whatsoever).

In reply to some of the other comments, I would not choose India if I was going to travel somewhere for a hair transplant.

Also, I would not recommend a clinic affiliated with Dr Cole. Just my opinion though.
Is that actually true? That you can't look like you've never experienced hair loss?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s irrelevant, budget decides what country will be the destination of choice for your hair transplantation. Turkey or Thailand if funds are tight. Canada/USA if money is no object.

Mike Jacob

My Regimen
Reaction score
The most experienced doctors are the ones in Turkey as they conduct thousands of surgeries each year. Being cheap does not mean less quality work. If I were in your shoes, I would go with Turkey. On the other hand, the nationality of the doctors is not important. You can find good clinics almost anywhere in the world. South Korea is well known with its cosmetic industry but I have never heard that the surgeons there are more qualified than other countries like Turkey, USA or UK.