Benefits of Propecia over Proscar

matt_pacman

Reaction score
What are the benefits taking propecia rather than proscar other than giving u the exact 1mg Finasteride dosage, and helps to burn your money up quicker?? :roll:
I am trying to convience my GP to give me the proscar prescription, but he is refusing as he said its not for hair treatment. :cry:

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
Just tell him you will order it over the internet if he doesn't prescribe it for you.

RS

Reaction score
Make an appointment with a derm. GP's don't have the confidence or knowledge to prescribe proscar.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
the only benefit I can think of is not having to cut the pills, which takes about 10 seconds to do with proscar. Also, yes you are getting an exact dosage with propecia, but its not an exact science anyways so no biggie there either.

matt_pacman

Reaction score
thanx for the replies guys! If what shedMaster saying is true, how come there are still ppl out there taking propecia rather than proscar?? Too much money and no where to spend??? :freaked:

Axon

Reaction score
None my friend. It is the exact same medication, except that Propecia is a 1mg dosage - the "approved" amount for male pattern baldness treatment.

matt_pacman

Reaction score
icic... can other HairLossTalk.com members who r currently taking propecia instead of proscar share some insight into this topic?? :wink:

jarednz

Reaction score
I'm not currently taking Propecia but I have my prescription, I just havn't had time to sort out the cheapest place to buy it.

My reasons for chosing Propecia:
I want the exact 1mg of finasteride a day. Even if you manage to cut a Proscar exactly into 1/5's can you be sure that you're going to get 1mg of finasteride?

I would hate to overdose/underdose/misdose and get side effects like man tits or erection problems. And I feel that the safest way to medicate myself is with the proven pill.

If I tried Proscar and did get side effects there would always be a 'what if...' in the back of my mind.

Money is an issue for everyone, noone wants to pay more for something than they havee to. I am currently a poor student with a part time job but I'm going to sacrfice my drinking money to pay for my hair treatment. If the money is a big issue for you then there are also Indian companies that make cheaper Propecia and Proscar. But I would also feel the same regret if I got side effects using these cheaper options.

My conclusion:
If you want the best results you should use the treatment that has actually been proven. I don't know what finasteride actually does to my body (now and in the long term) but I feel a lot more comfort in taking legitimate Propecia than anything else.