Being Realistic About Future Treatments - Forming A Strategy

Pablo234

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Without trying to hijack the current thread just below re. the possibility of treatments being released in 2017, the way some of the conversations were seemingly heading, looked to be debating that when we finally do have access to the likes of HSC and Shiseido etc. What is this actually going to mean for us?

At the moment not one of us can answer this question; however we can speculate, we can look at the published studies and results we have access to at the moment, and we can take into consideration the science that we understand, then apply this understanding to look at how the mechanics of these new proposed treatments will theoretically work . . so I want to be realistic right now, and hear from experienced members, scientific members, new members . . whoever has useful input, and gather together a few pages of different thoughts and opinions of what we as a community can likely expect to have readily available to us over the next few years.

Putting our heads together, we can hopefully produce some pretty accurate guestimations of time frames, companies and treatments, to give each reader a platform enabling us to put together individual plans or strategies of how we are going to tackle our own situations . . so whether you are currently a NW4, who needs some reassurance that the odds are actually pretty favourable right now to go ahead with a hair transplant procedure restoring to a NW1, backed with the comfort of RCH-01 being able to guard and sustain un-transplanted follicles from 2018 onwards . . .or whether you're a newbie in the game, you have hairloss in the family, and you're currently witnessing the initial stages of thinning and receding, however with the odds of the new backed science, maybe it's worth the gamble to continue avoiding the likes of finasteride just now*, with the informed views that HSC has the potential to be available from next year - but at the same time, or completely not? Maybe from information members provide, you don't want to take that gamble, and it may actually kick start you into starting on one of the big 3 this year ... its a completely personal decision at the end of the day, however that decision can be a whole lot more justifiable and indeed the right one, from absorbing, learning and understanding the masses of priceless information and testimonials from people on this forum.

Lets be positive, yet realistic

*NB For me on a personal level, this is a huge decision for a young man losing his hair to make. It goes without saying that at the moment, it is the most powerful tool we have readily available to us, however no matter how much anyone wants to dispute the side effects and the rarity of cases etc . . they clearly can and do occur, and they are IMO side effects that can and will hugely impact and affect the satisfaction and enjoyment of your life akin to hairloss itself. So clinging on and holding out for a few extra years for something like HSC at the forfeit of progressing onto a further Norwood within this timeframe, probably does outweigh the potential risks of finasteride for many.

Rofler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try to use minoxidil and finasteride. If you have sides try to lower dose of finasteride and wait for cure.

shookwun

Reaction score
male-prosthesis-3b-320x268.jpg

bald-treatment-with-glued-hair.jpg

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wearing a hair piece is where any reasonable person draws the line. Though to be fair, that guy does look 100 zillion times better on the right

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wearing a hair piece is where any reasonable person draws the line. Though to be fair, that guy does look 100 zillion times better on the right
Correction*Any person who doesn't have the balls to openly admit to everybody that it's a hair piece and laugh it off.
They must be pretty expensive tho

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Talking about the technicalities of future treatments is pointless after some point. Even if we were biologists.. The methods used by these companies are industrial secrets. If you want eg. to learn how Tsuji is planning to culture epithelial stem cells you'll have to sneak into his lab

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Talking about the technicalities of future treatments is pointless after some point. Even if we were biologists.. The methods used by these companies are industrial secrets. If you want eg. to learn how Tsuji is planning to culture epithelial stem cells you'll have to sneak into his lab
i have been wondering what Tsuji is doing now, they went so silent.
wud be glad if we hear something from them, some kind of update or atleast the news that they are on track and 2020 japan release is possible.

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i have been wondering what Tsuji is doing now, they went so silent.
wud be glad if we hear something from them, some kind of update or atleast the news that they are on track and 2020 japan release is possible.
Well, the interview was back in September, not that long ago. These guys are working on other stuff in the meantime, have you seen the organ regeneration program on riken's website? It's good that they're silent, results first, comments next. What's important is the caliber of this team, financially and (especially) scientifically. They even have mathematicians analyzing and recreating developmental patterns ffs. That is real science, building stuff from the ground up, not doing some studies, pinpointing a correlation or two and throwing hail mary heaves like the medical and pharma communities do.
Also, Japanese master race (I'm white).

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The drug was developed for hair loss, Merck just decided to use it for prostate issues first. The drug is based on a discovery of a tribe with a unique mutation causing pseudo-hermaphroditism, which also prevented hair loss and prostate issues.

According to multiple studies long term studies with lots of participants, the drug doesn't cause much more issues the longer you take although a very small percentage do quit it after a 5-10 years because of potential side-effects.

irishlad87

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah i just quit the drug after 3 year's i personally believe iam/was getting gyno and i had slight penis girth shrinkage which im going to measure again in few months just to see if it improves and less random erections . I also believe that finasteride does not work for more people than we think but as a poster said i would recommend trying it for a year to see. Thats what im currently doing with minoxidil.

DrizzyD

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if you don't want to hop on the big 3 at least use minoxidil and nizoral those have little to no sides and lack serious sides at all such as with finasteride. So anyone not doing themselves the favor on hopping on 2 of the big 3 is shooting themselves in the damn foot for when better treatments come out. minoxidil works and plenty of people see mild to great improvement with it. Even if it doesn't regrow much but maintains for a few years then you're in the clear.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No the goal of the original drug was not hairloss. After they saw it had benefits to hairloss, it was repackaged/renamed if I recall correctly.

I know the official studies all too well. I wish it was as safe as they claimed it was. Merck also added side effects a few years ago for propecia.

Anyway not going to derail this, if you think blocking hormones is a good idea on the long term, think again.

And I had the same mindset a couple of years ago, I did not believe the anti-fina posters and had too much faith in the official studies.

It really doesn't matter, but it is indeed true that the drug was synthesized after studies in the 1970s on a group of male children with a deficiency in 5ar and small prostates didn't develop acne or hairloss.

They always knew it could stop hairloss

Reactions: br1

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter, but it is indeed true that the drug was synthesized after studies in the 1970s on a group of male children with a deficiency in 5ar and small prostates didn't develop acne or hairloss.

They always knew it could stop hairloss

It is a bit more extreme. This Dominican Republic tribe has the "guevedoces" boys, which means "dick at 12."

Before puberty, these kids are treated as girls. Only at 12 do their penis and testicles finally grow.

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To add to your point, they were only deficient in 5AR2 and had normal levels of 5AR1 per multiple sources. This is why Propecia only blocks 5AR2 and why many feel as though dutasteride is not necessary for male pattern baldness.