Beginning of my journey.

being_optimistic

My Regimen
Reaction score
[115 days updated]

Alright, it's a week before the fourth month, but I decided to do a quicker update as I'm planning to cut my hair tomorrow.

Sides

I feel like my body is starting to get more used to finasteride now. I haven't encounter any side effects since my last update. Probably weird to say this, but I'm definitely noticing morning wood much frequently nowadays. Partially, I think it's because of my healthier lifestyle recently. I have been more consistent in trying to stay active. Honestly, I do worry about getting gynecomastia, which has lead me to check for it every once in
awhile.

Hair shedding

I'm happy to say that my hair shedding has definitely improved now. I would probably see around 2-5 strands during shower now? Maybe if I don't wash my hair for 2-3 days, I would see around 5-10. That's a huge improvement compared to the past where I could easily see 20-50 strands during showers.

Regrowth

In terms of regrowth, I can definitely see really thin hair regrowth in the mirror now. But there are growing in a much slower phase compared to the other hairs. I'm hoping these hair starts growing much longer while thickening up. I read in some other post that these hair will eventually drop off and regrow as a thicker strand. Is that true?

Anyways, at the rate of how the temple hairs are growing. I don't think the new potential hairline will bring me back to NW1/0, probably more like NW1.5 if it truly regrows.

Crown

It's time to address the crown. I was trying to dig out old photos and was able to find some. The latest photo I have is from 5 years ago, my crown whorl has been pretty big? (Partially depends on hair day, it can look smaller depends on which side the hair is laying. But it definitely doesn't look good)

2016 crown photo was taken without any lighting.
2021 March crown photo was taken with lighting. (A month before I started taking finasteride)
Today crown photo was taken with lighting.

Dermatologist definitely did mention that my crown has some thinning. Which I don't disagree. It could be better, and I'm hoping finasteride could help with this. I have not, and am not planning to use minoxidil on the crown.

Do you guys/girls think that the crown is getting worse?

Attachments

• Left-Temple-14-Aug.png
    Left-Temple-14-Aug.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
  • Right-Temple-14-Aug.png
    Right-Temple-14-Aug.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 68
  • Crown-2016.PNG
    Crown-2016.PNG
    377.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Crown-March-2021.png
    Crown-March-2021.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 75
  • Crown-14-Aug-2021.png
    Crown-14-Aug-2021.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 71

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
in the shower 10 strands? great. How much do you lose combing/brushing?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hardly comb my hair nowadays, but I hardly shed hair when I comb. It's usually from shampoo-ing previously.
Combing and brushing, within reason, should be good for healthy hair unless someone is in shed mode and then they don't cause it but vigorous combing might make it come out earlier than perhaps but eh, what's a few days hair and there. The real issue is that all of you are afraid to comb or brush your hair because it is frizzier and much more likely to tangle and it comes out if you are too rough when the hair is wet. Only use a wide tooth comb when wet for the actual strands; you can use a boar's head brush to pat it down, sort of. I see lots and lots coming out when I brush and comb but very few are long and most of them are cork-screwed in shape which people should check for. Corkscrewed is not good for caucasians so I want to shed all such hairs with that configuration.

being_optimistic

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I was younger, I did hear from barbers not to comb your hair right after showering etc. So I don’t really have the habit of combing my hair. All these while I have kept a pretty messy hairstyle. It’s not too bad.