Been Losing Hair For 7 Years, Time To Do Something

Juliejones

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,
I am 37 and have 2 kids. After the delivery of each child, I lost my hair in handfuls. With the last child, 7 years ago, it never returned to normal. I've always had "stick-straight" hair that is very fine and flat in texture, but there was a lot of it. Currently, it is still straight and fine, but it is very thin. Specifically it is thinnest at my temples, and that thin-ness extends back toward the back of my head, like a triangle in each side of my head. It's hard to describe and its hard to find much info on that specific pattern of hair loss. In those areas, there is hair there, but it never grows longer than 2-3 inches anymore. It falls out with a root intact. I constantly have new growth but it always falls out. I have had my ferritin tested, which was 12. That was 4 months ago, and I have been taking a high-quality iron supplement since then (on an empty stomach). I just had it tested again and it is only 13. I should also mention I have been diagnosed with mild hypothyroidism and I take low dose Armour, started about 8 months ago. I am searching for anyone else who has experienced this type of hair loss, and if they found any sort of supplement or treatment that helped them. I am at a loss. I don't want to get iron infusions. Maybe my body can't absorb iron? Maybe I need additional supplements? Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Last edited:

Jhair123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Recently found this girl/video and watching youtuber's who have overcome hair loss has helped me so much!