"Bayer/Hope Medical Trial for Androgenetic Alopecia" - crosspost

Shinra

My Regimen
Reaction score
maybe he died from some of this experiment chemicals.

to me this sounds too good to be true. also pricing will be an issue if it even works. and when it does it'll be here in many years top
this sounds realistic, the scientific background behind it is very good, but YES, the price will be an issue

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started Cabergoline, a prolactin-lowering drug, twice and both times I didn't notice any hair growth.

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started Cabergoline, a prolactin-lowering drug, twice and both times I didn't notice any hair growth.

Serum prolactin doesn't have anything to do with alopecia, it's tissue level of prolactin receptors that matters

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No increase in libido.
But I understand that you have to separate pituitary and follicular prolactin.
Are there any available remedies to reduce PR in the skin, prolactin receptor blockade?

Last edited:
Reaction score
this sounds realistic, the scientific background behind it is very good, but YES, the price will be an issue

If it works they'll probably figure out a cheaper topical way of adressing the prolactin in HF.
moAb is way too expensive and hard to make to be viable for hairloss treatment. Who the hell is gonna pay up to 70k for something that has 0 guarantee of actually working. It's a lot of money even if it was 100% effective (which it obviously won't be). And this is also a treatment you will have to repeat at least every couple of months.

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
And this is also a treatment you will have to repeat at least every couple of months.
In the chimps, 6 months of treatment led to four years of results. We'll have to wait to see how humans respond, but "repeat at least every couple of months" seems unlikely. Maybe during an initial course of treatment.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it works they'll probably figure out a cheaper topical way of adressing the prolactin in HF.
moAb is way too expensive and hard to make to be viable for hairloss treatment. Who the hell is gonna pay up to 70k for something that has 0 guarantee of actually working. It's a lot of money even if it was 100% effective (which it obviously won't be). And this is also a treatment you will have to repeat at least every couple of months.
yes, they run a clinical trial on a product and then when it works they develop another product (after many years of research) that will then go through another clinical trial to then get approved. that makes absolutely no sense. I think if they are trialing it for AG they are calculating with the idea that they will invest to make it more affordable to produce it. not sure why its so expensive exactly but surely the price will go down in the future, this area of research is quite new just like IPCs and all this fancy stuff. it'll be probably more feasible once the right machinery is in place

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bingo.

Mass production should be able to kill the high cost, given a few years of time and high commercial demand.