Barely responding to Dutasteride and/or taking it the wrong way?

Reciprocity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Had my DHT checked when starting dutasteride on the 19 of October and my tests came back at 408ng/l. Roughly eight weeks later, namely on the 16. of December I went for a second round and it came back at 340ng/l so barely a 15% drop, obviously quite a bit off from the 80-90% you can usually expect from Dutasteride from what I can understand.
So here's what might be going wrong on my part:

My Dutasteride comes as a powder of 1mg so I just take that every second day, figuring 0.5 daily is the recommended daily dose.
I do this by breaking open the plastic capsule and emptying its contents into my mouth, then washing it down with some water.

So either my strategy of how to properly administer Dutasteride is wrong, or I'm just a bad responder or I just need to give it more time to do its magic.
Help and tips as to what it is I might be doing wrong appreciated.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Had my DHT checked when starting dutasteride on the 19 of October and my tests came back at 408ng/l. Roughly eight weeks later, namely on the 16. of December I went for a second round and it came back at 340ng/l so barely a 15% drop, obviously quite a bit off from the 80-90% you can usually expect from Dutasteride from what I can understand.
So here's what might be going wrong on my part:

My Dutasteride comes as a powder of 1mg so I just take that every second day, figuring 0.5 daily is the recommended daily dose.
I do this by breaking open the plastic capsule and emptying its contents into my mouth, then washing it down with some water.

So either my strategy of how to properly administer Dutasteride is wrong, or I'm just a bad responder or I just need to give it more time to do its magic.
Help and tips as to what it is I might be doing wrong appreciated.

Where are you getting it from? Might be impure. I would get it tested

Reciprocity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do I need to be specific about this? I acquired it on the grey market, let's put it like that.

Reciprocity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
wont be 100% legit then
Idk, it did something so I'd wager I at least wasn't sold baking powder. Also Dutasteride supposedly does take more time to make a difference so I'll give it another month.
Anyone else with similiar experiences?

Last edited:

Reciprocity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not approved for hairloss and dermatologists are reluctant to even prescribe oral finasteride over where I live.

Reciprocity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bumping this because I still have a 2 month supply of dutasteride and I'm wondering if it's even worth to continue taking it at this point.

Baldimur

My Regimen
Reaction score
Which part of the world are you from?There are so many online pharmacies to choose from,I don't understand why you take it in powder form.

Reciprocity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess there are but most of them have prices exorbitantly higher than what you would be charged in a real pharmacy store. Anyway, I reside in Austria.