Baldness must be a test from God

Mercury

Banned
Reaction score
Either God or karma or something out there has to be testing us, don't you think? Baldness just doesn't make sense. Scientists don't know why it happens, nobody knows. The most important, attractive, aesthetic, desired feature of the human body is hair and I get a big horeshoe shape of it ripped completely out of my head. It doesn't hurt, it's not disabling... it's just ridiculous is all. RIDICULOUS!

I seriously think that it is a test. Like maybe it is a blessing in disguise. Like maybe something is telling me I am really a *special* person and if I would have had hair it would have distracted me from my true purpose.

Or something....

I can't imagine why else nature would design a human to be a certain way but for a select few they would completely ruin an utmost desirable evolutionary trait with baldness... not just baldness but a ridculous pattern of baldness.

Why????

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
first of all, scientists have a good idea why hair loss happens. the hair follices of balding men in the hair loss area are sensitive to androgens, specifically DHT, which are male sex hormones

they essentially "choke" the hair follicle of nutrients and each growth cycle the hair grows back thinner and less pigmented

and well about the "test" thing, idk what to say

one thing is for certain though. baldness is still around, which means bald guys are getting laid. as for body image, which is my main problem, i don't know what to say

Mercury

Banned
Reaction score
first of all, scientists have a good idea why hair loss happens. the hair follices of balding men in the hair loss area are sensitive to androgens, specifically DHT, which are male sex hormones

that's how men go bald, not why.

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
that's how men go bald, not why.
the hair gets thinner and thats the reason

when someone asks why something happens what they are asking for is the reason

"why are apples red?" because the only wavelength of visible light that is reflected back is the red wavelength of visible light

if you are referring to some deeper supernatural reason, then there is none. things just happen. theres literally no reason to assume there should be a supernatural reason for something, or some deeper purpose

you only do that because it appeals to the human need to be important

Mercury

Banned
Reaction score
the hair gets thinner and thats the reason

when someone asks why something happens what they are asking for is the reason

"why are apples red?" because the only wavelength of visible light that is reflected back is the red wavelength of visible light

if you are referring to some deeper supernatural reason, then there is none. things just happen. theres literally no reason to assume there should be a supernatural reason for something, or some deeper purpose

you only do that because it appeals to the human need to be important

everything about the human body has a purpose. what is the purpose of balding? what is it's evolutionary function? that is what i'm saying. there is no point to it. it's not helpful. it's a purely cosmetic joke that has been played upon us.

Reaction score
Are primates subject to that test as well? Because gorillas for instance experience balding too.

Look up this wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Androgenic_alopecia, scroll to "Theories on male pattern baldness". Balding at young age made sense when life expectancy was 20-30. Made people look more socially mature. Today it's just a problem.

Mercury

Banned
Reaction score
Are primates subject to that test as well? Because gorillas for instance experience balding too.

Look up this wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Androgenic_alopecia, scroll to "Theories on male pattern baldness". Balding at young age made sense when life expectancy was 20-30. Made people look more socially mature. Today it's just a problem.

i hadn't seen that theory. very interesting. damn a 20 year life expectancy sucks balls.

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
i hadn't seen that theory. very interesting. damn a 20 year life expectancy sucks balls.
haha yep

there are many ways you can ask "why"

the purpose of balding is to make the person look older

its just being older is a bad thing in todays society, at least in westernized nations

Cursed Man

Reaction score
Dont think in God nor karma.

There is no reason per se. If you face the hell, you need to do all you can internally and externally to overcome you hell and perhaps turn it into average life like it was before. Your hell is your bussiness, and all that you get from it is for you. Ant hell can happen to anyone in for of tragic accidents caused by others, cronic illnesses, misery, long war whith people starving and losing limbs, etc. Nobody can help you enough. You are the owner of your hell in form of baldness. You choose your road ahead. You are the owner of the gold that could be gottten from all that you are suffering, or the owner of all the **** that you could create following another road. But you must NEVER go on with your life without doing something dramatic in your view of life and your inner self. Remember that now you know that the hell exists in this earth, and you could face another hell later, and another later, ad infinitum.

Ps: I am in hell too.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

When I thinking about hairloss in the 20' the first thing I wonder is why the hell I don't live in medieval times so I could at least focus on being a warrior and not worry about anything else

HairGuru22

Established Member
Reaction score
Baldness is not a test from God, hair just deteriorates (but the pattern sucks lol) just like the nails and toes if its infected. We just got to find the cause of it because hairloss is a multi-faceted problem whereas with toes and nails its just fungus.

slipy

Reaction score
i think it's not so much a test, as it is a sign that this world isn't meant for us.

666 woot

B

Beingbaldsucksass

Anyone else here wishing that the 2012 stuff will be true? Or some kind of alien invasion, WW3, meteors, **** don't know, something that will end the misery