Baldness may be caused by the weight of the scalp

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
Baldness may be caused by the weight of the scalp: Gravity as a proposed mechanism for hair loss

Medical Hypotheses
Volume 71, Issue 4, October 2008, Pages 505-514
E. Tuncay Ustuner

Available theories on the etiology and pathogenesis of male pattern baldness have not been satisfactory. Nonetheless, the most widely adopted theory today is the androgeneticnext term theory. The current article introduces a new theory. According to the new theory the pressure created by the weight of the scalp is the cause of the baldness. The weight of the whole scalp over the loose areolar tissue is the operative weight. Hair follicles are pressed between the scalp skin and the cranial bones. The soft tissues around the hair follicles work as a buffer against the pressure. When the buffer decreases and becomes inadequate with age the effective pressure on the hair follicles increases. Unlike the existing theories, the new theory is able to explain every feature of male and female pattern baldness and agrees completely with all scientifically established facts and produced data. The new theory promises a radical change in how baldness is conceived and treated.

Notice by the author: The materials and methods that utilize the new theory described in this article for prevention and treatment of hair loss are in patent pending status.

DOWNLOAD PDF

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
I wanted to post a comment about this on HLH... but can't find a link to register :thumbdown2:

Do you think this further solidifies how scalp exercises can improve / regrow hair?

I was looking into Tom Hagerty's scalp exercises, but I don't have $30 this time of year to shell out in order buy the guide/videos.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Bornthisway and Chrome.. thanks for all this good threads you guys post all the time!

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Interesting read.

Squeegee, what the hell is that in your avatar? I can't stop looking at it...its...its...horrible.

I miss the hot dog.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
optimus prime said:
Interesting read.

Squeegee, what the hell is that in your avatar? I can't stop looking at it...its...its...horrible.

I miss the hot dog.

ahhahahahaahahahah I know Prime, this is totally :gay: the administration obliged me to remove my Hot dog! I got no love from the Admin guy:( I am sad because I miss my hot dog.. HairLossTalk.com is serious business now. Was too immature for the image of the site. I know that my new avatar is ugly and damn silly! Need to find something else.

RIP the dog :

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Please Cassin! I want my Hot dog back! :pint:+ :pint: just to start with... done deal? :dunno:

Petchsky

Reaction score
The one you have now is almost as silly the hotdog. Bring back the doooog :punk: