Balding at 18

Reqez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi to everyone,

I'm 18 and I don't even know how to start it. I'm balding and I need some help.

I'm probably close to the NW2 at the moment, but it's getting worse every single day. I've started balding when I was 16, so not a long time ago, but my hair has been always extremely thin and sparse, so now I'm looking like a 40 y.o. man. Or worse than some of them.

I've started my treatment pretty early, because I'm using RU58841 for 4 months now. In addition I'm microneedling my scalp with 1.5mm dermaroller once a week and using shampoo with ketoconazole twice or three times a week (I've been using this few things for half a year now). I've been also trying this Vichy shampoo with stemoxydine for almost a year now but I didn't spot any differeneces. I don't see any improvement at all but I still have hope to get my miniaturized hair back.

The first thing I've done was obviously going to the trychologist. It was a waste of money but now I know that a little too much of my hair is in telogen phase and my hair is extremely sparse - most of my hair follicular units are having only 1 hair. And I'm taking biotin tablets since the March of 2020.

Recently, I've been thinking a lot about using minoxidil. I heard a lot about people mixing RU with minoxidil and most of the time, it worked. But I don't know, because using too much alcohol on hair isn't the best thing to do. I can't mix the RU powder with minoxidil, because I'm buying already mixed RU with an alcohol. I'm in a completly standstill right now I have no idea what to do.
And I don't want to use finasteride (at least for now), because after using it for 10 days, I've started getting side effects and it wasn't nocebo effect - I'm sure.

I hope that someone can help me; Love you guys, thanks in advance!

And sorry for my bad english:/

Attachments

• hairloss 5.jpg
    hairloss 5.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 286
  • hairloss 4.jpg
    hairloss 4.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 279
  • hairloss 3.jpg
    hairloss 3.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 276
  • hairloss 2.jpg
    hairloss 2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 279
  • hairloss 1.jpg
    hairloss 1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 276
  • hairloss 6.5.jpg
    hairloss 6.5.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 292

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Start with finasteride, now.

As your hair loss is pretty aggressive (considering the fact you started thinning within the age of 16), you might concern as well more aggressive treatment to stabilize it.

I wouldn't begin with minoxidil as you aren't adressing the actual issue.

Tho I wouldn't as well recommend total androgen blockage for a straight man XDD

Reqez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Start with finasteride, now.

As your hair loss is pretty aggressive (considering the fact you started thinning within the age of 16), you might concern as well more aggressive treatment to stabilize it.

I wouldn't begin with minoxidil as you aren't adressing the actual issue.

Tho I wouldn't as well recommend total androgen blockage for a straight man XDD
I probably would, but I'm scared of the side effects, especially when I've got a gf

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think that alcohol is bad for the hair except it might be drying. Many meds use ethanol as a carrier like Minoxidil. I think that you must be looking for maintenance because you aren't even close to bald that I can see but pics, I know sometimes, things don't photograph that you can see in person.

Reqez

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think that alcohol is bad for the hair except it might be drying. Many meds use ethanol as a carrier like Minoxidil. I think that you must be looking for maintenance because you aren't even close to bald that I can see but pics, I know sometimes, things don't photograph that you can see in person.
This was what I've meant. My skin of the head is already dry and will be even more after using more products using alcohol as a carrier
I know that I'm not close to bald, so my main goal is to maintain, but I'm only 18 so it will be only worse:/

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This was what I've ment. My skin of the head is already dry and will be even more after using more products using alcohol as a carrier
I know that I'm not close to bald, so my main goal is to maintain, but I'm only 18 so it will be only worse:/
Okay, well good for you. My main tip is to watch the hair in front of the ears but below the temples. Many/most guys lose hair here and they don't really notice but that is one of the main features of a juvenile/female hairline, to not have the jagged transition that I do see you have/are getting. Still that area isn't a huge deal and less cosmetically important than the crown and hairline.