Balding and/or Concealed Movie Stars...

freddie480

Reaction score
I know a lot of people here are going to think this is shallow, but I bet a lot of you out there won't and probably agree with me.

I count at least John Travolta, Elton John, Ben Affleck, Vigo Mortensen, Pierce Brosnan and I bet more have either hair pieces or strategically-placed "patches." My question is, if they do it, why can't we?

I'm wondering if anyone out there (except for those stupid cheesy "hollywood hair" type stuff) has ever seen a web site where these professional make-up artists have gone out to the general public to offer their services? These guys get their patches then go on tv and do photo shoots, I'd trust it.

Anyone else?

Beano

Reaction score
Dont forget Ted Danson, I remember an episode where he revealed his patch, brave man

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the main reason the average person doesn't do it is that we all lead active lifestyles. During sex, the last thing I want is for my fake hair to come off when pulled. Or when surfing at the beach, taking a rough dive would most likely involve me having to hunt around in the waves for my missing hair piece.

It's easier to wear a piece when in a movie and having a team constantly fixing it. That's a controlled situation.

freddie480

Reaction score
ya but if, let's say, we know that john travolta where's one - which is fact. if i know it (and i know it from magazine photos), then YOU KNOW his wife - who, mind you, is hot as hell, knows it. she's obviously not too upset about because he continues to bang her. hmm...

why does a piece have to be such a bad thing? our forefathers wore them, after all.

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
Pierce brosnan? Viggo mortensen? those are news to me.

I know that Viggo's had some temple recession, but what leads you to believe that either of these actors wear hairpieces?