Bald is uglifying

Nene

Reaction score
I think this is partially true hope4hair, but tanning is super unhealthy.

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
It certainly is a waste of time to dwell over losing your hair, to be upset/depressed, constantly think about it etc..but god dammit, i can't imagine myself being bald, or shaving my head. Perhaps if i was in my 30's and losing my hair at the stage i am now (i'm 22), i most likely wouldn't care as much..but bloody hell i'm 22, i don't want to be bald by 30.

I saw a guy today who was bald (well he'd shaved his head), and i thought he seemed rather attractive still, he had these cool glasses on, defined face, a cute girlfriend by him..yet i wondered how he may have looked with a full head of hair and a head of hair beats being bald for anyone i'd say.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
Nene said:
I think this is partially true hope4hair, but tanning is super unhealthy.

Is it always?

I agree that going to tanning salons is pretty unhealthy, I certianly wouldnt do it.

But even a gentle tan from the sun makes a big difference.

Im not saying that x degree of tan makes x amount of difference to your looks, but its just something that does make a difference. I have been all round Europe, and its always the case of the guys who are tanned looking 10 times better then the pasty ones in the uk. Im not saying nessacarily as dark as a walnut, but a bit of a 'glow' really makes a difference.

If you invest some more time into style, healthy eating, and your overall 'game', then baldness shouldnt be too big of a problem to conquer unless you are really ugly/too old/ or if your attitude sucks too much.

s.a.f

Reaction score
For the adverage guy, it can make all the difference. Women would always take a NW1 with an average body over a bald guy who works out and has a tan. People dont walk around in their speedos. 90% of attractivness is from the neck up.

Nene

Reaction score
Hope4hair, yes I meant tanning beds is super unhealthy. Moderate amounts of sunlight is actually healthy. But I do think that the fear of going bald might be worse than actually being bald and there are ways to minimize the damage.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
Nene said:
Hope4hair, yes I meant tanning beds is super unhealthy. Moderate amounts of sunlight is actually healthy. But I do think that the fear of going bald might be worse than actually being bald and there are ways to minimize the damage.

What is really harrowing for me is just simply observing all the older guys on the streets. In the Uk, we dont get much sunlight, diets arent so great etc. A lot of older people really look like crap. Im not just talking wrinkles and aging, but really terrible looking people, bloated fat alcoholics with skin like pizzas.

The fact is that I hardly see any white bald guys who look good bald. Most look terrible. And thats what scares me. That if most look like sh*t here, then what chance do I have of looking good?

Im currently wasting my oppurtunity at college to do well. Just so tired and apathetic. Im just wasting everything away. Im not sure if ill even bother coming back for my 3rd year at this rate. The depths a human can seemingly plummet are endless. My life slowly seems to be stopping. I feel like a half a live zombie. Im not sure how long I can go on like this.

Nene

Reaction score
Hope4Hair. I know what you mean about a lot of the older white guys looking like crap bald. I'm not in the UK but I can only imagine that with the lack of sun there it's worse than here in America. Just keep in mind you don't have to be one of those guys. If you stay fit, tan, dress nice and walk with your head up high, you can still look pretty good. Sure you'd look better if you still had your hair but it's no longer an option. Also, the way you're talking sounds like your problems are running way deeper than hair loss. See a professional if you can, no need to be miserable when there is help out there.

cuebald

Reaction score
As a 23 year old NW4 I now feel so far detached from other guys my age I might as well just buy a flat cap and some tweed and just accept that I am old.

Other young NW1/NW2's my age have the healthy "glow" and completeness that people like to be around, whereas I have messy, diffuse, fucked up NW4, and pale and hairy skin.
The difference is enormous - I may as well be a completely separate race.

As a Bald man I have accepted that I will no longer have women gaze on me with a look of lust (or even admiration) like they do with the others.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
cuebald said:
As a 23 year old NW4 I now feel so far detached from other guys my age I might as well just buy a flat cap and some tweed and just accept that I am old.

Other young NW1/NW2's my age have the healthy "glow" and completeness that people like to be around, whereas I have messy, diffuse, f***ed up NW4, and pale and hairy skin.

As a Bald man I have accepted that I will no longer have women gaze on me with a look of lust (or even admiration) like they do with the others.
What is so terrible about it is that people don't seperate their appearance from their souls or core beings. They think that the way they look is an indicator of who they are as people. So by that logic, many people look at bald folks like just plain old bad people. I had someone say to me "well at least I'm not bald" like it was some sort of virtue to not be born with the male pattern baldness gene. Us baldies have to tolerate this unfair ignorant prejudice.

Nene

Reaction score
cuebald said:

Other young NW1/NW2's my age have the healthy "glow" and completeness that people like to be around, whereas I have messy, diffuse, f***ed up NW4, and pale and hairy skin.

I'm about norwood 3 now and I know EXACTLY how you feel. I'm 25 and have pretty much given up on going out to bars and clubs etc. I feel like an old man.

mykal_P

Established Member
Reaction score
I've lost three woman I was dating online over the past 4 years due to the baldness. Sure initially i kept it from them and showed my good hair pics to which they gushed about how sexy it was. The moment i sent those bald ones end of game. No amount of confidence or charisma was gonna change that. Woman want full sexy heads of hair on a guy quit deluding yourselfs. Yeah maybe there's a few that don't mind but I don't wanna think i have to settle for what scraps are left over to pick from.

Oh and don't forget not everyone has a great shaved head shape. I for one have a huge egghead thats atrocious without hair.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Women go on about how society holds them to all these high standards and how they are constantly being judged by their appearance and then those same women turn around and reject bald men for something that is not their fault in the first place. They will try and neutralize it by saying that it is a matter of preference, like choosing red over blue (not one better than the other) but we know that the unsaid reality is that they are really prejudice against bald guys. The hipocracy is appauling IMO.

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
mykal_P said:
I've lost three woman I was dating online over the past 4 years due to the baldness. Sure initially i kept it from them and showed my good hair pics to which they gushed about how sexy it was. The moment i sent those bald ones end of game. No amount of confidence or charisma was gonna change that. Woman want full sexy heads of hair on a guy quit deluding yourselfs. Yeah maybe there's a few that don't mind but I don't wanna think i have to settle for what scraps are left over to pick from.

Oh and don't forget not everyone has a great shaved head shape. I for one have a huge egghead thats atrocious without hair.

dude...no offense, but even if the case is that some women just don't want to date a bald guy, the fact that you deceived them is far worse and would turn off women who may not have even had a problem with you being bald in the first place....the deception of showing pictures of yourself with hair first and then revealing you're actually bald makes the women align you with being deceptive, dishonest and insecure. Pluss, online dating...all the women have to go by for the most part is appearance...obviously they're going to be a hell of a lot more shallow. Its funny to me how guys who aren't very good looking complain that "even online I get rejected"...because they have a better chance of succeeding with women in the real world where they can properly convey their personality (and things like body language and voice tone, etc.) as opposed to online dating where all women see are pictures and text.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
qball01 said:
mykal_P said:

dude...no offense, but even if the case is that some women just don't want to date a bald guy, the fact that you deceived them is far worse and would turn off women who may not have even had a problem with you being bald in the first place....the deception of showing pictures of yourself with hair first and then revealing you're actually bald makes the women align you with being deceptive, dishonest and insecure. Pluss, online dating...all the women have to go by for the most part is appearance...obviously they're going to be a hell of a lot more shallow. Its funny to me how guys who aren't very good looking complain that "even online I get rejected"...because they have a better chance of succeeding with women in the real world where they can properly convey their personality (and things like body language and voice tone, etc.) as opposed to online dating where all women see are pictures and text.

I agree with all of what you have said.

Internet dating generally sucks. Not that I have used it, but its a very vain, superficial way of meeting women. Just go out in the world and interact with people. Learn to love and accept yourself.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Mate see my post in the other thread in this section

You need to use your presence and personality to blow these intial engrained stereotypes out of the water. You wont get a chance to do that online.

In other words - get out there.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
dudemon said:
Colin297 said:
Mate see my post in the other thread in this section

You need to use your presence and personality to blow these intial engrained stereotypes out of the water. You wont get a chance to do that online.

In other words - get out there.

Yah, so they can reject you in person. Always a better choice! :bravo:

You see some girls and you know they are single, and they'll tell you "I'm sorry, I'm already with someone" so you can sit and watch them from the other side of the room get picked up on by all kinds of guys (almost always with a full head of hair).

I know because I have been through that many, many times. :jackit:

I know mate, believe me i do.

Thing is you'll get rejected with hair or not. Some of my most successful mates get rejected constantly but they still do well because they dont take it to heart. One guy in partiular would say to me "watch me get completely blown out here" and then go over and talk to a girl. Often he'll get blown out but he wont be one bit embarrased and the girl will respect his confidence. In fact sometimes the girl later becomes receptive to thsi confidence! Its f*****g hard though i know.

As above though, ultimately you only need to meet one girl. Why would you sell yourself short and let these other girls who do reject you, burn your confidence to a point it actually stifles you from meeting the girl that DOES want to meet you.

The field is brutal and it terrorises insecure and sensitive people. If you take thigns too much to heart your genes will actually be weeded out of existence.

Take yourself a bit more seriously.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Colin297 said:
As above though, ultimately you only need to meet one girl. Why would you sell yourself short and let these other girls who do reject you, burn your confidence to a point it actually stifles you from meeting the girl that DOES want to meet you.

The field is brutal and it terrorises insecure and sensitive people. If you take thigns too much to heart your genes will actually be weeded out of existence.

Take yourself a bit more seriously.

Yeah he is right, I have a good set of hair right now but even I struggle. If I dont play my game right, the girl would not only reject me, but she will string me along because of the attention I give her. As Colin says, it is brutal for not only bald guys, but for guys with hair too. To add the irony, I have gotten more success now (with my new V shaped hairline, then when I was a NW0!!)

The only time I have been successful is when I go out there, get blown out and then keep on pushing my luck with the next girl. Last girl I kissed, I just went in for it, didn't care if she would reject me (had been rejected by 2 other girls by this point) and, bang she kissed me back.

Sometimes, you have just gotta bite the bullet and go for it. Most guys dont even go for it, they just sit there talking to her for 2 hours about bullshit, hoping that she will kiss him. Which unless you are a model, just wont happen.