bad news for me

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
so ive posted here sometime ago about my sucsses with minoxidil
but now i have a problem - ive always had fine unpigmantaited hair on my forhead and ears and above the shaving area it was not noticeable so i didnt care but now it seems like with the help of the minoxidil this hair is becoming darker and growing stronger and faster :(
i belive that the sucsess i had up till now is only from the minoxidil and i really dont want to stop
so what do i do?
im not sure yet i think what im gonna do is:

1.start applying it only on top and not on the hair line in order to get further from the forhead
2.go down to 0.5 ml for every appliction to lower systematic absorption
3.stop using retin-A before the minoxidil to lower systematic absorption and insted use it sometime after
5.pray that the dutasteride start kicking in sooner then later and i can loose the minoxidil

if youve got ideas id like to hear them

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think i have missed the part were you mention your problem with minoxidil. What is it again?

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the fine hair on my forhead became darker

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
roki said:

Is their much of it? You could just pluck it or wax it...
If minoxidil is working for your hair it would be a shame to stop it because of this. Its not as if you will grow that much hair on your forehead...

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
haunted-ballroom said:
roki said:

Is their much of it? You could just pluck it or wax it...
If minoxidil is working for your hair it would be a shame to stop it because of this. Its not as if you will grow that much hair on your forehead...
i do pluck it
but it's also the hair on my ears it was completley colorless two months ago and now its a bit darker
there is much of it ,it is still very thin and unnoticeable but im obssesd about my face and i look on it in an enlarging mirror and i really hate this hair
first im gonna try those steps i wrote ,im not gonna stop the minoxidil anyway untill i feel like the dutasteride is starting to work

cmoneyt8ker

Reaction score
your not ever going to get to lose the minoxidil...minoxidil hairs have nothing to do with the dutasteride

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
keep it up! if the forehead and ear hairs get too dark you can have em transplanted to your hairline! :hairy:

KrazyK

Established Member
Reaction score
it's funny. I have, in a way, the same problem. Where the hairs on my forehead and ears are growing thicker (not darker), while the hair on my head is stilll thinning! Even my barber buzzes the hair on my ears. (PS. I don't touch them, I think no one should touch them, unless it's with a buzzer (no blades) like the barber uses, because if you shave them, they will only grow thicker and darker). The hairs on my forehead have never gotten "darker", just a bit fuller... but nothing big. My barber or I have never touched those. I suggest you try the foam. It stays where you apply it. Some my drip, but very very little... nothing compared to the liquid. Good luck

K

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cmoneyt8ker said:
your not ever going to get to lose the minoxidil...minoxidil hairs have nothing to do with the dutasteride
i know that im just waiting for the dutasteride to work so that i can relay on it for my hair while now i only rlay on the minoxidil

KrazyK said:
it's funny. I have, in a way, the same problem. Where the hairs on my forehead and ears are growing thicker (not darker), while the hair on my head is stilll thinning! Even my barber buzzes the hair on my ears. (PS. I don't touch them, I think no one should touch them, unless it's with a buzzer (no blades) like the barber uses, because if you shave them, they will only grow thicker and darker). The hairs on my forehead have never gotten "darker", just a bit fuller... but nothing big. My barber or I have never touched those. I suggest you try the foam. It stays where you apply it. Some my drip, but very very little... nothing compared to the liquid. Good luck
i am using the foam i think im gonna bleach the hair on my ears and the hair on my forhead im plucking but its alot of work i think lowering the dose is my best plan for now