Bad news for Bimatoprost

gao fei

Reaction score
I would not give up all hope just yet. They were trying to get by with .03 ml, or something else very low. They just want to keep their margins high. I imagine it grew some hair, just not more than minoxidil at that concentration. For those of us that get really bad sides from minoxidil, this is bad news, as some of us just want an alternative.

"A study of bimatoprost showed insufficient hair growth and Allergan plans to test a formulation that’s 10 times stron
ger, he said."

persistentone

Established Member
Reaction score
I would not give up all hope just yet. They were trying to get by with .03 ml, or something else very low. They just want to keep their margins high. I imagine it grew some hair, just not more than minoxidil at that concentration. For those of us that get really bad sides from minoxidil, this is bad news, as some of us just want an alternative.

"A study of bimatoprost showed insufficient hair growth and Allergan plans to test a formulation that’s 10 times stron
ger, he said."

The only reports I have read online are from people who made their own solutions at dosages around 1 ml / day, and all of those reported noticeable growth starting in about month three. The growth did not extend into areas that were already bald.

Pretty stupid that Allergan would bother to fund a study at all and not bother to segment into a high dosage and low dosage group.