bad hair transplant

skotya

Reaction score
I wonder why most of the time when someone shares his bad experience of his hair transplant, he gets his thread closed or you see the moderators come to defend the Doctor who did this to him. Of course those moderators are paid but at least let the thread running and the reader to be the judge.

This is very frustrating at least for me . I have been reading many threads as I am looking for a hair transplant myself but every time I came across a guy who shared his bad experience, the moderators stood beside the Doctor not the sufferer ! WTF this guy spent money, time and emotions and then we can't let him speak for his experience !

The whole hair transplant industry is misleading. I know you can't get 100% success in anything in this life but why try to hide failures. I have been reading posts of doctors or their representatives when they defend themselves for the bad hair transplant they gave, they put the blame on the patient all the time !! and most of the time the patient get sued or blackmailed for sharing his bad experience in public. This is not fair.

Basically of you want to get hair transplant no matter how good the Doctor is , think about it as a gambling. I am talking mainly about FUE.

s.a.f

Reaction score
skotya said:
I wonder why most of the time when someone shares his bad experience of his hair transplant, he gets his thread closed or you see the moderators come to defend the Doctor who did this to him.

Not on this site.

Hairforever

Established Member
Reaction score
The people who post their bad hair transplant experiences are the tip of the iceberg. There are many who don't because of shame and embarrassment. There are a handful of very good hair transplant surgeons but even they can't guarantee success and sometimes they don't make it clear to the patient what results they can realistically expect. Proper management of patient expectations is crucial.

Moreover, wasted grafts can never be got back. It's bad enough ending up with a bad hair transplant, even worse that the donor supply has been depleted for no benefit. The likes of SAF and myself know about that. Beware the hair mills, go to named surgeons with excellent track records in hair transplantation.

The whole hair transplant industry needs proper regulation and policing, but it will never happen.

Wylie

Reaction score
The hair transplant industry is rotten to the core, the reason for that is simple: Greed. It is the number one driver for bad behavior, and has been throughout human history. Greed by the doctors who butcher patients and try to sweep these results under the rug, greed by the discussion forums where these doctors pay to post these results. If all you see from various doctors are outstanding, cherry picked patients who had fantastic results you might think this is typical, but it is not.

You can judge a doctors ability by examining their body of work online, through videos and picture albums, and preferably meeting their patients in person, but what is much harder to determine is their ethics and the level of attention they give their patients. If they run their office like a sawmill, where volume is the number one driver, your chances of a poor result increase dramatically. More and more doctors, in order to maximize profits, are working simultaneously on different patients and letting the techs do the bulk of the work. This is not brought up often enough when inquiring about certain doctors, and something the vast majority of doctors don't want to discuss. In fact, most everything behind the hairline is done by technicians, while the more obvious hairline is the signature of each doctor and the only work that commands the doctors attention from start to finish.

Greed is the reason that more and more doctors are spending less and less time with their patients.

M

Mr. 4000

dudemon said:
Yes, I agree. Hair Restoration Network (HRN) and Hair site have a lot of paid shills who work for hair transplant clinics.

Any negative posts about bad hair transplant experiences, and all the usual 'shills' will step in and start ridiculing the patient.

They are immediately met with scorn, skepticism, and harsh criticism as if it was all their fault and not the hair transplant surgeon's.

This almost always leads to the patient who posted the bad results getting banned from those sites.

I agree, the Bald Truth and that Spencer fraud is more of the same

DO NOT use those sites unless you want to be mislead, I did and regret it big time.