Bad experience with T-Gel - severe dizziness

alxne

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I purchased some T-Gel for the first time. Last week I used it twice and everything was fine. I used it again yesterday at 11am, again everything seemed fine but by 11pm I was started to feel slightly dizzy, so I went to bed. I woke up at 4am and my head was spinning really bad, like I'd be heavily drinking (Which I hadn't). I closed my eyes and went back to sleep and woke at half 7, my head was still spinning so I just stayed in bed till 11, by this time the spinning had calmed a bit so I got up and almost fell over straight away.

I tried to walk around the house but the longer I was up I started to feel sick so I had to go back and lie down. I stayed in bed until 4pm until I'd really had enough and got up and tried to force myself to stay out of bed. I feel a bit better now (7:30pm) but my head doesn't feel right and I keep having to close my eyes when the dizziness starts again.

I googled and noticed severe dizziness is one of the side effects to T-gel, I am assuming this is what has caused this. But I don't understand how I was fine the first two times I used it. So I am wary of using it again, which is disappointing as my hair felt a bit better for the short time I used it. Has anyone else experienced this

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
Coal tar on it's own is a carcinogenic, but it's in such small amounts in the likes of T-Gel it's unlikely to be poisonous. You might just be more sensitive to it.

Most people seem to recommend shampoos with ketoconazole, namely Nizoral, for hair loss. There's reports that it helps and it's relatively inexpensive. I bought 3 bottles for £12 (less than US$20). I bought them about 6 months ago and I opened my second bottle last week. It lasts ages because you only need to use it twice a week (at first every day to every other day for a week or so). It is meant to be for dandruff but coincidentally I found it on the same isle as hair loss products!