Back to work soon after transplant -- is it just inevitable that everyone will know?

ridge9

Reaction score
Hey guys, long story short...I was about a Norwood III-IV & had ~3000 grafts (mostly on crown). I took a few weeks off week (almost 3 weeks) and will be going back next week. Most of the scabs have fallen off but there's obviously still hairs sticking out in the implanted area, so the hairline does look lower.

I was under the assumption that when the scabs fell off, so will the hairs, but it looks like it's not completely the case. Now I normally wear my hair short anyway, but my question is, should I just resign myself to the fact that people will know?

I mean, I don't care if they find out when it starts growing, and I definitely don't regret having it done, it's just...not sure how to describe this, I just don't want to bring attention to it. I'm typically a shy, reserved person so the attention will bother me for sure.

Is it inevitable? I was thinking of buzzing everything down really short (to match the newly implanted hair sizes), but that's not really going to help considering the scar in the back.

What do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

Adding pics...

BefAft1.jpg

BefAft2.jpg

BefAft3.jpg

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
First of all, well now what's done is done, but you shouldn't have opted for STRIP, considering your situation.
Even when the grafts will grow, you will need to cut the sideas and back very short for it to look good, and the scar is a problem...

Wash the implanted area PROPERLY, so all the scabds would fall off. If you are 3 weeks post-op, it;s safe to wash it normally. That would help, but i think you will still have some pinkness in the implanted area.
Another solution is to cut very short the new hairs and conceal that new hairline with some make-up concealer which matches your skin color(like women use for their face), try to get some.
What do you work, can't you wear a hat?

You can also consider buzzing everything really short, and trying to conceal the scar in the back with some topic/dermmatch.

and don't worry too much what other people think, most or all of them are completely unaware of hair transplant procedures or how they do look.
If they notice and tell you, you can simply tell them you had some sort of treatment, some injections in your scalp to regrow hair, and add "hey, you see, new hair is starting to sprout from my injections i did 2 weeks ago" bla bla. :)

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice dreamermerlin

Just curious, why?
that's what i would do, because you have super-thick sides for example, when the transplant grows it could not match even half of that density. So if you'd like to "conceal" the fact that top is much thinner than the sides i would cut the sides very very short.But the scar would be a problem.
Well, it's just my preference, if you like the thick sides grown, then it's fine.

ridge9

Reaction score
that's what i would do, because you have super-thick sides for example, when the transplant grows it could not match even half of that density. So if you'd like to "conceal" the fact that top is much thinner than the sides i would cut the sides very very short.But the scar would be a problem.
Well, it's just my preference, if you like the thick sides grown, then it's fine.

I have thin density to begin with, but I like my sides shorter so hopefully it looks good. You kinda scared me, I thought there was something wrong with the surgery or something.

Make sure you're here in 9 months so I can show you how it looks ;)

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
I have thin density to begin with, but I like my sides shorter so hopefully it looks good. You kinda scared me, I thought there was something wrong with the surgery or something.

Make sure you're here in 9 months so I can show you how it looks ;)
Good luck!