Back on minoxidil

harey

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, seven months ago i started on dutasteride, and I've been shedding continuously since. Was about NW2, with a small bald spot. I stopped minoxidil on day one due to my rapid heartbeat, and started shedding after 30 days. i imagine it took about one or two months tops to all fall out, and a dutasteride shed started at the close of month 3. i think this is accurate, as the lightly shedding intensified on day 90

since then, i haven't noticed any regrowth or thickening. my bald spot seems to have gotten slightly worse.

i just jumped back on minoxidil. i'd rather die of a heart attack then go bald, to be honest. my dad's a cardiologist, so whatever. though i won't have any money for a transplant; that's another story.

anyway, even if i have to apply .5 ML a day, i really think it would do something, as 2 ML a day definitely made the hair elsewhere on my body thicken up, and i'm sure upjohn and co. want to maximize their profits by recommending 2 ML's. point is, i'm wondering if anyone was taking avodart for a while, *then* added minoxidil, and noticed a real kickstart as a result.

i know i should give avodart lots of time, and i will. i also know, of course, that any treatments should work in tandem, but i'm specifically looking to get feedback about whether non or slow responders saw a change once they added something.