Back Line Of Your Head Become Detached

rme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dear All.

I would like to some help.
Doesn’t the hair system on your back line of your head become detached to head when you sleep?
Screenshot_20200703-092556_YouTube.jpg

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have only seen that happen when the system somehow gets attached too far back, and attaches to the hair, and not the skin.

How long after the attachment does this happen? There could be a number of causes.

Reactions: rme

rme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have only seen that happen when the system somehow gets attached too far back, and attaches to the hair, and not the skin.

How long after the attachment does this happen? There could be a number of causes.

I plan to use it in the future...the system at this here:
Screenshot_20200703-120457_Gallery.jpg

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The back line always becomes loose far quicker than the front, for me anyway. Sometimes on the very next day after attachment.

I guess it could be happening during sleep time, but it doesn't really bother me and if I have a big day / night out planned then I will just re-glue that section.

Also I fully-bond my system (UTS) so a bit of the system coming loose doesn't affect the overall hold.

rme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ahh clips! My first system had them. They are very convenient, but they can cause traction alopecia. I stopped using them because of that
What do you mean?

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you mean?
You showed a piece with 2 clips on the back. While they hold very well and are convenient, it can cause permanent baldness in the area where you clip them to your bio hair; the constant pulling of the clips causes the hair to fall out, thus constantly doing this the hair will permanently stop growing there because of this. I have only heard about this, not experienced it.

Reactions: rme

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ahh clips! My first system had them. They are very convenient, but they can cause traction alopecia. I stopped using them because of that

Why would you be worried about them causing traction alopecia? You have to shave your balding area anyway if you wear hair systems, or cover the existing hair if you use clips, plus the hair is already pretty thin anyway, so I don't understand why you're worried about traction alopecia. You're not showing the bio hair, you're covering it up.

Braf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Causes:

1. Bad sleep protocol. Wear a bandana and silk pillowcase

2. Too much tension during attachment. Don't stretch the system when attaching.

3. Bad Head Shape for hair systems.

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Causes:

1. Bad sleep protocol. Wear a bandana and silk pillowcase

2. Too much tension during attachment. Don't stretch the system when attaching.

3. Bad Head Shape for hair systems.

thats true I fall under 3 bad head shape in the back, my back head is steeply so the system doesn't hold on properly

Braf

My Regimen
Reaction score
thats true I fall under 3 bad head shape in the back, my back head is steeply so the system doesn't hold on properly

If your system is not custom. Buy custom next.

If it is stock lace. Create darts. Pm me if you need help on it.

There is a method for bad head shapes.

If you are already doing a full bond and its lifting in the back youre screwed.

Try all lace custom with tape.

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If your system is not custom. Buy custom next.

If it is stock lace. Create darts. Pm me if you need help on it.

There is a method for bad head shapes.

If you are already doing a full bond and its lifting in the back youre screwed.

Try all lace custom with tape.

yes stock..never tried custom may be will try it next time

Create darts you mean cut the base at the edge?? that's what the salon did last time but it ruined the system after 3 months

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually bought a clip unit for hurricane season (and to wear while cleaning a dirty system). It takes a minute to put on and it looks great. However, it’s only a last resort piece, since you can’t sleep with it (the traction alopecia that you mentioned). Also, it’s not terribly comfortable lol.

Braf

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes stock..never tried custom may be will try it next time

Create darts you mean cut the base at the edge?? that's what the salon did last time but it ruined the system after 3 months

Yes. Your salon used a stock unit.

Darts make your system look best. But it decreases life span.

Get custom to avoid this issue. Save money!

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would you be worried about them causing traction alopecia? You have to shave your balding area anyway if you wear hair systems, or cover the existing hair if you use clips, plus the hair is already pretty thin anyway, so I don't understand why you're worried about traction alopecia. You're not showing the bio hair, you're covering it up.

I was referring to using the clips in the back. They clip onto your good bio hair. You dont want to loose that from traction alopecia.