Back after 2 years of absence

wastingpenguins

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I was just browsing around the internet today and remembered this forum so I decided to come back share my success story!

My troubles first started midway through my sophomore year of high school (young, I know!). Friends and family started noticing thinning around my hairline and crown. I was absolutely devastated, and fell into a very deep depression through much of high school. I became very obsessive and spent many hours looking in the mirror and browsing hair loss websites. It was a very bad time of my life, and I'm sure that many of you here can understand how I felt.

It wasn't long after I noticed my thinning hair that I jumped on the treatments. I started with minoxidil because I was so young, and doctors did not think that propecia was a good choice for my age. Anyway, I was stubborn and jumped on the finasteride wagon within a few months. In the past four years I have scarcely missed a day of this regimen. Yes, that's right guys, it's been over FOUR years.

It has been a bit of a hit on my wallet over the years but I have a good job so I can afford it. Today? My hair looks good! I keep it relatively short most of the time and when it is dry you would not know I have had hairloss unless you were looking. Of course it does not look so good wet, but I've quite accepted that. :) The bottom line-- my hair has barely changed at ALL in the past 3 years. It began to thin out rapidly at first back in high school, but since I have been on my regimen my hair has become very stable, and I do not even think about it anymore. Perhaps this is just the natural course of my hairloss, but I'm not taking any chances!

Anyway, that's my story. You guys-- I feel for you SO much. Hairloss is so hard. I am older and wiser now, and though I still worry about the future of my hair sometimes, that worry is a very small part of my life. Hopefully my story can give someone a bit of hope. Get on min and finasteride and don't look back! These treatments work. :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
so your hair has maintained well, you dont think your hair thickens up at all?