Azelastine - Possible PGE/PGD Regulator?

inbrugge

Reaction score
Reading through the previous threads regarding PGD2/PGE2, I saw that people were heavily discussing the use of anti-histamines for hair loss, mainly Cetrizine. As far as I recall, though, Cetrizine (zyrtec) either only blocked PGD2 while not uppig PGE production, or was blocking both. Regardless, it seemed that it wasn't targeting all the right pg's.

That got me interested in looking up some alternative alleegy medicines. One I found was Azelastine. I know this is far from being a significant cure or anything, but I would be interested in your thoughts.

http://www.unboundmedicine.com/medl...elets_and_in_guinea_pig_alveolar_macrophages_

Azelastine potentiates the prostaglandin-induced increase of cyclic AMP content in human platelets and in guinea-pig alveolar macrophages.

I can't directly quote the related text because I'm on mobile. It states that, in guniea pig microphages, azelastine induced an increase in intracellular cylic AMP and potentiated the increase induced by PGE2. The next sentence also discusses human platelets.

I am not very chemical savy so pardon me if I'm missing something.

I am also assuming as an anti-histamine, it blocks PGD2. I cannot recall if I had found an article regarding azelastine and its inhibition of PGD2. If not, maybe it could be used in combination with Cetrizine?

What are your general thoughts on this? And also other anti-histamine treatments & the PGE/PGD theory in general?

Argan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you end up using any particular anti-histamine? Also I read ur other posts where you were looking into compounds containing Brevillin-A, did uou have any success with those. Do such natural products have enough Brevillin-A to have any effect?

inmyhead

Reaction score
Did you end up using any particular anti-histamine? Also I read ur other posts where you were looking into compounds containing Brevillin-A, did uou have any success with those. Do such natural products have enough Brevillin-A to have any effect?

He was last seen 2 years ago, he is probably bald now.