Awesome story (no pics) worth the read

Jomama

Reaction score
I am 22 years old and started experiencing hair loss almost two years ago. My dad is a norwood 5v bald but it didn't start for him until he was 40. So i was shocked to have comments at the age of 21 about my crown mostly. I tried to convince myself it was stress but reality set in about 6 months ago. Too many comments and too much shedding. I considered myself a norwood 2.5v.

My plan:

I was shedding terribly so i buzzed my head (my hair is usually 2 inches to 3 inches long). I started on propecia and minoxidil 5% liquid. I later, about 2 months ago started nizoral.

My progress:

My first six weeks was all shedding. I was miserable. I felt like my frontal hair line was receding. I felt like the top of my head looked thin. It was horrible. I spent weeks looking in the mirror and staying at home. My girlfriend thought i was completely depressed (and i was).

My success;

Three months into the treatment i got the balls to look at my vertex. My hair had grown to almost 2 inches long. My vertex had almost completely filled in. I almost cried. It was amazing. I still felt my frontal recession and thinning was not getting better. Until just 3 weeks ago. The minoxidil started to kick in and the nizoral has been awesome. I got a comment two days ago from the first person that noticed my thinning. He said "you are gonna have to stop taking that pill before your hair gets too thick to even comb". Amazing. My hair looks like it did when I was 19.

My regimen:
Propecia 1mg at night, nizoral every 3 days, minoxidil only at night applied to front and vertex.

Etc.
Think of it what you will. I have no pictures. If i found some it would be comparing shorter hair 1 1/2 inch long to longer hair 2 1/2 inches long. I have only one previous post about a month ago and it was talking about frontal thinning. Since then i have had much success. I would consider myself a norwood 1.5 with no vertex thinning.

Please ask questions if you want. This website has helped this young kid so much. I hope my story can help others. It's been 4 months since i decided to do something about my hair. Now i couldn't feel better.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
happy for you man

maybe a pic for us?

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
congrats man, sounds like you were a great responder. Now, enjoy your hair and don't get lazy with your regimen!

Jomama

Reaction score
Thanks for the good wishes. I wish everyone the best of luck. I will update here in a few months or so. My advice to everyone is to stick with the big three and try to get on with their days. The bad hair days can be very long and stress does not help the hair or your life. Love your life and your friends (they could care less about your hair).

RaginDemon

Reaction score
:bravo: