Avodart Side Effects?

LeslieChimes

Reaction score
LeslieChimes

Friday November 30, 2007 11:29 AM

What exactly are the side effects of Avodart?

I can only speak to my own experience, and it was a scary one. I took Propecia for about a year (early-2000s), then switched to Avodart because I heard it was more effective for treating hair loss. I had to order from overseas so I could get it without a prescription. I stopped Propecia and took Avodart for about 6-8 months, when suddenly I started to have major urinary problems. It started as a burning sensation every time I urinated that would remain for about half an hour afterwards. It eventually got to the point where it became difficult to pee and I had to strain. I had to be careful when I drank alcohol, because it would cause a feeling on inflammation and urine would sometimes drip out on its own. I stopped taking Avodart at this point and went to see Doctors. My regular doctor didn't even seem to know what Avodart was. None could find anything wrong with me and I was told it was most likely allergies. I did find that oranges and strarberries seemed to make the burning worse, so I stopped eating those for awhile. These days, I can eat them without a problem. Alcohol still gives me a burning sensation soon after I drink it, but without any other problems. And I had an STD test, which showed I was clean.

So, what caused this? Avodart is normally prescribed for an enlarged prostate, is it not? Did it shrink my normal prostate and cause these problems? I don't know how it works, but I'd be curious to hear from others who went through the same thing.

T

Timi

I had big Prostata Pain-burning
and when i urinated burning

on Avodart Dayli 20-30x Pissing Settled urinate

@LeslieChimes

What makes Your Hair on Avodart?
success?

Timi

LeslieChimes

Reaction score
It's hard to say what, if any, effect there was on my hair. I took Avodart when I first noticed some thinning on the front of my hairline; it wasn't noticeable to anyone else, so much. After I stopped taking it, my hair loss was very, very slow, seemingly at a halt, for about five years. It's only been in the last couple months that my hair in front has gotten significantly thinner. I don't know if Propecia or Avodart did anything in the long term, but I'm not going back on that type of drug after the problems I had last time. I bought some Rogaine Foam but I'm hearing enough bad things about it here that I'm wondering if it's even worth using it. While I can see my front hair is thinner, it's still not too bad to the average eye, so I don't want to go through shedding. I might just try some caffeine shampoo for the heck of it and hope it has some positive effects.

T

Timi

Minoxidil works for my Front very bad

12Month on minoxidil i had big shedding and the Hair's never come back

i have take Avodart but big side effects

i take today morning 1,25mg finasteride and 0,5mg finasteride in the evenning
and finasteride topic in the Corners
i hope for succes

Timi

LeslieChimes

Reaction score
Timi, I wish you the best.

What you described about shedding is what has scared me off using Rogaine. Has the hair eventually come back for other people who had the same problem?

T

Timi

LeslieChimes said:
Timi, I wish you the best.

What you described about shedding is what has scared me off using Rogaine. Has the hair eventually come back for other people who had the same problem?

Yes when you are a good Responder

but minoxidil can works very bad for mutsch Men

Timi