Avodart and insomnia

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello. I been taking avodart for two weeks now and from this week, I am having sleeping problems. I am having trouble sleeping and the most I get is 30 mins to 1 hr sleep each night. Has anyone faced similar problems?

GeminiX

Reaction score
Hmmm, I take Avodart and am a very poor sleeper too; and now I think about it, it started to happen around the time I started taking it.

I'll be coming off all meds for quite a few weeks soon, I'll let you know if anything changes.

Mew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
NOPE! its not avodart. Try looking somewhere else.

Actually, sleep issues/insomnia from Finasteride/Avodart are very likely due to 5AR I & II enzyme inhibition of these medications.

5ARIs like Finasteride and Avodart are DOCUMENTED to interfere with neurosteroid metabolism in the brain (THDOC, Allopregnanolone) and interfere with GABA-A receptor function (GABAergic system).

Additionally, 5ARIs interfere with Nitric Oxide Synthase production and release. NO (nitric oxide) is implicated in the sleep/wake cycle, low levels of which lead to a state of wakefulness.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/51436.php

http://www.propeciahelp.com/forum/viewt ... 278#p11736

Attachments

• progesterone-allopregnanolone.gif
    progesterone-allopregnanolone.gif
    53.8 KB · Views: 330
  • gaba4.jpg
    gaba4.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 266
  • gaba5.jpg
    gaba5.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 284
T

Timi

Stop this sh*t Drug

it makes very ill, go back to finasteride

Timi

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think I will go back to finasteride. I was shedding on finasteride massivelyyyyyy and I lost nearly 30% of my hairs in only 3-4 months. I have only been on avodart for 2 weeks only and my hairs kind of seem better. I will post the updates.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I *think* I noticed a regrowth surge when I switched to Avodart too, though looking back through my diary and posts here I also got them while on Finasteride.

At the time I posted something along the lines of seeing masses of fresh vellus regrowth which seemed to be considerably more than I had seen since the very first Finsateride regrowth.